Contact the Council


Use our Contact the Council form to give us feedback, ask a question about any of our services or send in a compliment.

You can visit our council services page for contact details of each of the Council's services.

By Phone

You can call our Switchboard on 01255 686868 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm on Friday.

If you need to contact us in an emergency outside of these hours, please call 01255 222022.  The out of hours service is provided via the Council’s Careline Service which is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

There is a Minicom Text Phone on 01255 422470.

In Writing

You can write to us - check each service's address from our council services page.

In Person

You can visit our council services page for links to address details including maps and directions to each of the Council's offices.

Social Networking

We have a number of facebook pages, twitter and RSS feeds set up to help you keep in touch.  Visit our Keep in Touch page for more information.

Contact your Councillor

1. Do you have a local issue which you feel strongly about?

2. Do you need more things to do in your area?

3. Are you worried about crime or the environment where you live?

4. Do you feel that your voice isn't being heard?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, why not get in contact with the councillor that represents your part of the District? Find your Councillor on our information map.

Councillors are elected by the people of Tendring to represent your views and to do something about the issues in our local communities that affect us all.

If you feel strongly about an issue, don't just sit there and wait for somebody else to do something about it, get together with your friends and contact your councillor to get things changed for the better.


Find out about the Council's complaints procedure.

Freedom Of Information

You can request information from the Council under the Freedom of Information Act.


The Council has a set of Corporate Customer Service Standards which apply for answering the telephone, letters or emails or responding to complaints or suggestions.


Essential Link

If you spot anything wrong, or outdated with this page. Please let us know by clicking on the button below.
Please note this is only to report webpage issues or broken links, please report any other issues using the correct form.
Report an issue with this page

Please help us improve our website by giving us feedback you'd like to on this page. If you'd like to remain anonymous you can omit your name and email. Thanks, Tendring District Council.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our privacy policy for more information.