Remember, during COVID-19 you are only permitted to exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area (your village/town).
Tendring has beautiful countryside, rural areas and villages to explore
There are a number of ways to find out about where you can walk in the area - please refer to Essex County Council's website which provides information about Public Rights of Way. Some suggested walks listed below - click on them to download the details. However, please check the Essex County Council website before embarking on any of these suggested walks just in case there are any accessibility issues etc.
Always make sure that you follow the Country Code wherever you go
• Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work
• Guard against all risk of fire
• Fasten all gates
• Keep your dogs under close control
• Keep to public paths across farmland
• Use gates and stiles to cross fences, hedges and walls
• Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone
• Take your litter home
• Help to keep all water clean
• Protect wildlife, plants and trees
• Take special care on country roads
• Make no unnecessary noise
Open Access (commonly known as The Right to Roam) is now available across England, which means you can walk across certain mapped Access Land. The GOV.uk website provides information for you to search for open access land: https://www.gov.uk/right-of-way-open-access-land
Why not also check out the Clacton Seafront and Garden Walk.