Other Discounts

A full Council Tax bill is based on at least two adults living in your home. You will get 25% of your bill if you live alone, or you are the only person living in the property who is counted for Council Tax purposes.

These people are not counted for Council Tax:

  • Children under 18
  • People on some apprentice schemes
  • 18 and 19 year olds in full-time education
  • Full-time college and university students
  • Young people under 25 who get funding from the skills funding agency or young people's learning agency
  • Student nurses
  • Foreign language assistants registered with the British Council
  • People with a severe mental disability
  • Live-in carers who look after someone who isn't their partner, spouse or child
  • Diplomats
  • Members of International Headquarters and Defence Organisations
  • Members of religious communities
  • People in detention/prison

To apply for one of these discounts, please use our enquiry form.


Essential Link

If you spot anything wrong, or outdated with this page. Please let us know by clicking on the button below.
Please note this is only to report webpage issues or broken links, please report any other issues using the correct form.
Report an issue with this page

Please help us improve our website by giving us feedback you'd like to on this page. If you'd like to remain anonymous you can omit your name and email. Thanks, Tendring District Council.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our privacy policy for more information.