Essex County Council highway responsibilities

Essex County Council are the Highway Authority for the Tendring Area and most Highways functions are carried out by them.

You can report a problem or submit an enquiry about highways in Essex (including potholes in the road, faulty street lighting, damaged bus shelters, footpaths or Public Rights of Way)

Online: Essex County Council Report a Highway Problem

Telephone: Highways 24 hour Incident Line - 0345 603 7631

For more information view Essex County Council's Highway web page.

The A130 Bypass between Howe Green interchange (A132) and the A127 route is managed by County Route - telephone 0845 351 1130.

Trunk Roads (A12, A120) and motorways are maintained by the Highways England - telephone 0300 123 5000.

Click this link to view a full list of Essex County Council's contact details.

For information about other local highway issues and how we are able to help go to Tendring District Council's Highway Responsibilities page.


Road services

Essential Link

If you spot anything wrong, or outdated with this page. Please let us know by clicking on the button below.
Please note this is only to report webpage issues or broken links, please report any other issues using the correct form.
Report an issue with this page

Please help us improve our website by giving us feedback you'd like to on this page. If you'd like to remain anonymous you can omit your name and email. Thanks, Tendring District Council.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our privacy policy for more information.