Changes To Your Circumstances

After you have made your claim please remember to update us about changes that will affect your Housing benefit & Local Council Tax Support

Moving Home

If you are claiming Housing Benefit and moving home or changing rooms please complete the Benefits Move Form.

Changes in income

If you are claiming Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Discount and your household income changes, for example:

  • You or someone in your household starts or finishes working
  • You or someone in your household's benefit changes
  • The amount of capital (savings) changes

please fill in this change of circumstances (income) online form

Changes to your household

If you are claiming Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Discount and there's a change to your household, for example:

  • Someone in your household moves in or out
  • You or someone in your household has a baby
  • Any other change that affects your household

please fill in this change of circumstances (household) online form

Information from Department of Works & Pensions/ Inland Revenue

Our database is now being updated with income details as notified to the Inland revenue by your employer/pension provider. The supply of this data is permitted by section 127 of the Welfare reform act 2012.

As a result, claimants who have not advised us of changes to their income now face large overpayments of Housing Benefit/ Council Tax Support and are paying back thousands of pounds of overpaid benefit.

In addition, failure to notify changes that affect your Council Tax could result in a £70.00 fine.

Benefits and your landlord

Do you want us to discuss your claim with your landlord/Agent?

On the 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation came into force.  If you would like us to talk to either your landlord or your landlord agent about your housing benefit , you will have to register your consent.  You can do this by providing your name and national insurance number on the form below.

Consent to discuss with landlord form

When we have your consent we will be able to tell your landlord how much housing benefit has been awarded and when payments are due.  We will not disclose  any other details unless you specifically instruct us to do so.  You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing If you prefer, you can write to us at Council Tax Offices, 88-90 Pier Avenue, Clacton-On-Sea, Essex, CO15 1TN.


Essential Link

If you spot anything wrong, or outdated with this page. Please let us know by clicking on the button below.
Please note this is only to report webpage issues or broken links, please report any other issues using the correct form.
Report an issue with this page

Please help us improve our website by giving us feedback you'd like to on this page. If you'd like to remain anonymous you can omit your name and email. Thanks, Tendring District Council.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our privacy policy for more information.