Flooding: Coastal, Surface Water, Ordinary Watercourse, Groundwater

If there is an evacuation, follow the instructions and advice given by the emergency services.

Tendring District Council Sandbag Policy

If you live in a coastal flood area, register with the Environment Agency for free, to receive flood alerts and flood warnings 0345 988 1188 or Textphone 0345 602 6340 https://www.gov.uk/sign-up-for-flood-warnings

Know who to report flooding incidents to:

  • Coastal flooding : Environment Agency
  • Flooding from the highway : Essex Highways 0345 603 7631 or if you have hearing problems you can use our text phone service on 0345 758 5592 or on line https://www.essexhighways.org/tell-us/flooding-drainage-and-manhole-covers
  • Surface water, Ordinary Water and Ground Water :Essex Flood and Water Management Team (Essex County Council)


Monitor conditions: https://check-for-flooding.service.gov.uk/alerts-and-warnings


Essential Link

If you spot anything wrong, or outdated with this page. Please let us know by clicking on the button below.
Please note this is only to report webpage issues or broken links, please report any other issues using the correct form.
Report an issue with this page

Please help us improve our website by giving us feedback you'd like to on this page. If you'd like to remain anonymous you can omit your name and email. Thanks, Tendring District Council.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our privacy policy for more information.