We now have Changing Places facilities at West Greensward on Clacton seafront, Southcliff promenade on Walton seafront and Dovercourt seafront.
Do I qualify?
Changing Place toilet facilities are for disabled people who need help to use the toilet. They are not for disabled people who can use a toilet independent of a carer.
How to get a key
- Please download and fill in the Entrance Key Application Form to apply for an entrance key. You must include a copy of the the Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (higher rate mobility component) as part of your application: Entrance Key Application Form
- Keys must not be transferred between users. Please note that Changing Places facilities cannot be opened using Radar keys.
Guidance for using Changing Places facilities
- Carers / users wishing to use the changing places facility should be ideally trained in using hoists and changing benches.
- As a carer/user, you will need to satisfy yourself that your slings are compatible with the hoist. Tendring District Council does not supply slings for health and safety reasons. If you are in any doubt, please do not use the hoist.
- Before using the facility, please use the protective paper provided and remove the paper after use.
- All soiled / disposable material should be placed in the sanitary waste bin provided.
- Please take all soiled clothing away. Please do not use the basin or shower for washing clothing.
- As a carer / user it is your responsibility to ensure safety at all times, especially when using the hoist. Hoist maximum weight 31.5stone (200Kg) and the changing bench maximum weight is 30 stone (190Kg).
Please call 01255 686969 if the equipment is damaged or faulty.
Please consider others when using the facility and leave the room clean and tidy.