We produce a number of strategies and policies that set out how our housing services are provided.
We also have a number of strategies that deal with specific parts of our service, for example homelessness. A list of our current strategies are set out in the useful documents area.
Greater Haven Sub Region
The Greater Haven Gateway Housing Sub Region is one of nine in the East of England and it includes Babergh, Braintree, Colchester, Ipswich, Maldon, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk Coastal and Tendring councils.
The priorities of its strategy are to:
- maximise delivery of new affordable housing;
- tackle homelessness;
- support people who are more vulnerable in our society;
- improve housing conditions for vulnerable people living in the private sector;
- ensure housing in the sub region is high quality and sustainable;
- improve access to affordable housing;
- ensure equality for all in housing services.
Strategic Housing Market Assessment
Planning Services commissioned Fordham Research Ltd to undertake research for its 'Strategic Housing Market Assessment'. The Assessment helps the Council formulate its strategy for building new housing and its policies on affordable housing.