Streetlink is a service that enables the public to alert local authorities in England about rough sleepers in their area.
If your concerned about someone sleeping rough, you can report it here via their Website. The details you provide will be sent to the local authority and you will receive details of the action taken.
If the person is in the Tendring District the council will advise our local outreach team and they can help connect the person to local services and support.
Floating Support- Supporting you in your home
Floating support is run by One Housing Group and they can give you the help you need to live independently such as setting up your home, managing money, claiming benefits and much more.
- Telephone: 0300 123 1921
- Website: http://www.onehousinggroup.co.uk/one-support/services/essex-floating-support-service
Low Cost Furniture Schemes
Tendring Furniture Scheme is a charity that collects donated furniture to pass on to people on very low incomes.
- 43 Stephenson Road, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 4XA
- Telephone: 01255 476068
Tendring Reuse Employment Enterprise (TREE) Sells white goods and donated furniture that has been refurbished, at low cost to the general public, particularly benefiting those who are disadvantaged.
- Unit 2, Oakwood Centre, Plough Corner, Harwich Road, Little Clacton, Essex, CO16 9ND
- Telephone: 0300 9999 007/ 01255 863007
- Website: http://www/tree1.org.uk/
National Debt Line
National Debt Line is a free, confidential debt advice service for people in England, Wales and Scotland, run by the charity the Money Advice Trust.
On their website you'll find guides, fact sheets, budget tools, sample letters to help you write to your creditors and an option to email us your questions.
Or you can also phone them on the number below to talk through your options:
- Freephone: 0808 808 4000
- Website: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk
StepChange Debt Charity
StepChange Debt Charity can help you find a practical solution to deal with your debt problems. Their trained advisers provide advice on all available debt solutions and help you find a way to deal with your debts.
- Telephone: 0800 138 1111
- Website: http://www.stepchange.org/
Citizens Advice Bureau
Citizens Advice Bureau provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
- Telephone Advice line: 0844 477 0808
- Website: http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Shelter Housing Aid
Shelter is a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing. They can offer advice, information and advocacy to people in housing need.
- Telephone: 0344 515 1860
- Website: http://england.shelter.org.uk/home
Women's Aid is the national domestic violence charity that helps and supports women who are or have been victims of domestic abuse.
Freephone 24 hour National Domestic Violence Help line: 0808 2000 247 (run in partnership between womans aid and refuge)
Mens Advice Line
Advice and support for men experiencing domestic abuse.
- Telephone: 0808 801 0327
- Website: www.menadviceline.org.uk.
Essex County Council Health & Social Care
Information on staying healthy and independent, including advice on the support services available to people caring for others and those unable to care for themselves.
- Telephone: 0345 603 7630 (care for adults), 0345 603 7627 (care for children)
- Website: http://www.essex.gov.uk/health-social-care/pages/health-and-social-care.aspx