Changes To Your Circumstances

After you have made your claim please remember to update us about changes that will affect your Housing benefit & Local Council Tax Support

Moving Home

If you are claiming Housing Benefit and moving home or changing rooms please fill in this online form.

Other changes you need to tell us about

  • If someone in your household moves in or out

  • If you have a baby

  • If your income changes

  • If your child benefits change

  • If your non-dependants income changes

  • If the amount of your capital (savings) changes

  • If you or your partner go into prison or hospital

  • If your rent changes

For all the above other changes please fill in this online form

Information from Department of Works & Pensions/ Inland Revenue

Our database is now being updated with income details as notified to the Inland revenue by your employer/pension provider. The supply of this data is permitted by section 127 of the Welfare reform act 2012.

As a result, claimants who have not advised us of changes to their income now face large overpayments of Housing Benefit/ Council Tax Support and are paying back thousands of pounds of overpaid benefit.

In addition, failure to notify changes that affect your Council Tax could result in a £70.00 fine.

Last updated on: 08/09/2017 - 13:28