Tendring District Council highway responsibilities

Tendring District Council is responsible for repair and maintenance of street lighting on Private Streets.  For information on what streets this includes and how to report a fault visit our Street Lighting page.

We are also responsible for repair and maintenance of Street Name Plates across the District.  For more information, including contact details and our reporting form, go to our Street Name Plates page.

Some items of street furniture are still the responsibility of Tendring District Council, depending on the item and it's location.  Such items could include:

  • Bus Shelters
  • CCTV
  • Cycle Racks
  • Decorative lighting
  • Litter bins
  • Planters and floral displays
  • Seating

If you wish to report a problem with such items please contact us on 01255 686868 and we will endeavour to pass the information on to the relevant Service or organisation.

Tendring District Council is the Street Naming and Numbering Authority for the district.  If you are building or changing a property, have a query or would like to know more, further information can be found on our Street Naming and Numbering page.

We also run twenty seven Car Parks across the Tendring district.  

If you are planning a street party you can find advice on the procedure which needs to be followed (with regards to road closures, licensing etc) on our Street Parties information page.

We also have a page where you can find out where the Taxi Ranks are located throughout the District.

If there's a problem with something not listed above, please check the Essex County Council responsibilities page.


Last updated on: 18/09/2014 - 14:15