Local Highway Maintenance - Highway Rangers Service

Tendring District Council is working in partnership with Essex County Council to provide a "Highway Ranger" service to carry our minor maintenance work on the public highway.

Items which will be considered by the Highway Ranger Service are

  • overgrown vegetation
  • strimming
  • general maintenance of road signs and street furniture
  • removal of graffiti
  • removal of illegal signs and flyposting
  • cutting of surface water drainage grips

If you wish to report an issue to the Highway Rangers team please complete our online Highway Rangers form.

This form should not be used to report issues such as littering or road maintenance (pot-holes, white lining etc) as they are dealt with by other departments or authorities.  If you wish to report an issue not listed for the Ranger Service please use the following:

Report it form - for fly tipping, dog fouling, full dog/litter bins, littering from vehicles, abandoned vehicles, damaged/missing street name plates, seafront issues

Road defects will continue to be undertaken by ECC's own contractors. (Link will open ECC website).

Last updated on: 04/02/2019 - 11:45