During lockdown this November all businesses are working extremely hard to still provide shoppers with Christmas gifts and other items. Please join our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShopSafeTendringChristmas/ to help support local shops.
Local businesses are posting information about what they are doing to keep trading, including collections, delivery and buying online.Two virtual shopping events have been organised for Wednesday 18 November 5pm-8pm and Saturday 21 November 10am-4pm. Please Shop Safe, Shop Local.
Shoppers and visitors to our town centres and seafronts are being reminded to follow Government guidance and measures to help keep themselves and others as safe as possible from Covid-19.
While some of these measures are compulsory in certain places, they are good practice all of the time. They include:
- Frequently washing your hands, or using sanitiser
- Wearing a face mask or covering (compulsory on public transport, in shops and most venues)
- Maintaining social distancing; two metres, or one metre plus other measures (such as masks) where two metres is not possible
- Check before you travel; is the shop or outlet you want to visit open, does it have restricted opening times, or do you need to book in advance?
- Take part in 'Track and Trace' systems when asked to
- Allow more time for your visit; be prepared to queue and wait for entry to businesses
- Be kind - everyone is adapting to new ways of doing things, so please be patient and respect staff
- Use contactless payment where possible
Our 'Shop Local, Shop Safe' campaign is supporting local businesses who are working hard to re-open their premises safely, and we are working in partnership with the Clacton and Frinton Gazette, Harwich and Manningtree Standard and the Daily Gazette on this initiative.
We want our residents, as well as visitors, to our high streets and town centres to be safe when businesses re-open, and we want to support our local traders this Christmas.
Tendring has a diverse mix of independent and popular high street shops in each of our major towns (Clacton, Frinton, Walton, Manningtree, Brightlingsea, Dovercourt and Harwich) and many have online shopping, so why not take advantage of what is on your (virtual) doorstep?
The campaign will see us promote safety messages to public, and also support businesses to tell you what new Covid-secure measures they have in place. This includes adding details to our website and social media channels.
If you are a local town centre business and would like further information about you could promote your store please email Candice Robinson at email@example.com.
This campaign, along with signage and other measures implemented by the council in town centres and public spaces, is being funded by the Government’s Reopening High Streets Safely Fund, which in turn is from the European Regional Development Fund. Tendring District Council has up to £131,110 from the fund to support this work.