Alresford Parish Council has produced and submitted a Draft Neighbourhood Plan for the parish (under Regulation 15) to Tendring District Council, along with a number of supporting documents. Tendring District Council is responsible for all the remaining stages of making the Neighbourhood Plan.
Progression to Referendum
The decision to progress the Plan to referendum was made by the Acting Director for Planning in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Planning on 1st July 2021. The details of the referendum will be published in due course.
Ann Skippers MRTPI has been appointed as the Independent Examiner of the Alresford Neighbourhood Plan. The examination commenced on Monday 14th December 2020.
Within her note of the 20th January, the Examiner found three key areas of concern on procedural matters as well as a number of points of clarity. The Examiner considered that the examination could not continue without further work being carried out and matters consulted upon. On the 4th of February, the Examiner agreed to suspend the Examination in order for further work to be carried out and a focused consultation on specific matters to be undertaken.
On 28th May the Examiner issued her final report detailing her findings on the Alresford Neighbourhood Plan, which included a number of recommended modifications required to make the plan sound. These modifications were agreed jointly with the Parish Council and Tendring District Council.
Focused Regulation 16 Consultation 2021
After the Regulation 16 consultation at the end of 2020, the Examiner raised a number of issues that the Parish and District Council needed to address before the Examination could continue. These matters now form a focused public consultation. The specific matters now open to consultation are:
- The Council has commissioned Place Services to prepare a review of their Strategic Environmental Assessment/Habitat Regulation Assessment. This updated document includes appraisal of two new policies contained within the emerging Neighbourhood Plan.
- Strategic Environmental Assessment/Habitat Regulation Assessment Screening Report September 2020
- Response from Environment Agency
- Response from Natural England
- The Parish Council have updated their Consultation Statement. The Consultation Statement now therefore includes:
- The response from the Parish Council to every Regulation 14 representation. This can be found at Appendix B of the Consultation Statement.
- At the Regulation 16 consultation the District Council inadvertently failed to include the separate appendices referred to in the Consultation Statement. These have therefore been included for consultation.
- The updated SEA and HRA (September 2020 as also shown at point 1) be included. An explanation of this has been added to the Consultation Statement and the updated Screening Report included as separate appendix 5 for completeness.
- Tendring District Council, by decision at the meeting of Full Council on Tuesday 26 January 2021, has formally adopted the Tendring District Local Plan 2013-2033 and Beyond: North Essex Authorities’ Shared Strategic Section 1 Plan. Details of the Adopted Plan can be found on the Council’s website at the following link: https://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/localplan. Views are being sought as to the implications of the adoption of the Local Plan on the Neighbourhood Plan.
- The Parish Council has also prepared information in support of those buildings and structures which may warrant being locally listed as non-designated heritage assets.
Whilst not being consulted upon specifically, the Parish Council also make reference to HDH Planning & Development (2015) Braintree, Chelmsford, Colchester and Tendring Councils Strategic Housing Market Assessment Update SHMA Update proposed chapter structure (braintree.gov.uk)
NB - This consultation is a focused exercise, only relating to the above mentioned matters. Any comments previously submitted to the Council within the consultation which ran from Monday 24 August to Monday 12 October 2020 still stand and do not need resubmitting or confirmation from the Council that these representations have been received. The Council is not receiving any further representations on any other matter
A six week focused consultation by Tendring District Council runs from Friday 19thFebruary until Friday 9th April 2021, with residents and other interested parties invited to comment.
To submit comments contact the planning policy department by email at email@example.com or write to William Fuller at The Council Offices, Thorpe Road, Weeley, Essex, CO16 9AJ, by 5pm on Friday 9th April 2021.
For information only, the documentation which formed the previous Regulation 16 consultation can be found below:
- Appendix 1 - Alresford NP Regulation 16 version
- Appendix 2 - Alresford NP Consultation Statement
- Appendix 3 - Alresford Basic Conditions Statement
- Appendix 4 - ANP SEA & HRA Screening Report Nov 2019
Designation of the Neighbourhood Area
Tendring District Council received an application to designate a neighbourhood area from Alresford Parish Council over the summer of 2016. The application proposed that the neighbourhood area should cover the entire parish of Alresford and that this would be the area covered by the Alresford Neighbourhood Plan.
The application for the Neighbourhood Area comprised the following documents:
In accordance with paragraph 6 and 6A of the Neighbourhood planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended in 2015, Tendring District Council held an 8 week period of public consultation from Thursday 14 July - Thursday 8 September 2016 on the proposed designation.
Following the consultation, the District Council confirmed the Alresford Neighbourhood Plan as designated by resolution at Local Plan Committee on 3 November 2016.
Should you require any further information on the Alresford Neighbourhood Plan, or any other aspect of the Council's work regarding neighbourhood planning across the District, please contact the planning policy department by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any of the documents on this page in an accessible format, please contact email@example.com.