- children and young people under the age of 18
- people with physical, visual, hearing or learning disability
- people with mental health issues
- the elderly, frail or ill
- those suffering from any form of domestic abuse
The term ‘safeguarding’ can apply to both adults and children and is about protecting them, preventing their abuse or neglect and educating those around them to recognise the signs and dangers. Abuse can be financial, emotional, psychological, sexual or physical.
Safeguarding usually refers to those who may be vulnerable; this can include:
If you believe you, or someone else, is in danger or that a crime has been committed, your first step should be to alert the emergency services by dialling 999.
Last updated on: 30/05/2017 - 11:35
Copyright © 2022 Tendring District Council.