livewell is a campaign designed to engage communities, families and individuals with the aim of providing information about all that is on offer in Essex to improve health and wellbeing.
All Essex Local Authorities and our partners have come together to collaborate on the health and wellbeing agenda and work towards achieving better health outcomes for people across Essex.
livewell is comprised of 6 key themes including:
- startwell - Giving children the best start in life. We will endeavour to help families have the best start in life.
- bewell – People of all ages, shapes, sizes and abilities can benefit from being physically active. We will encourage more people to undertake regular physical activity, which will in turn produce longer term health benefits.
- eatwell – Healthy eating means consuming the right type and quantity of food from all food groups in order to lead a healthy life. We will raise awareness across the district about healthier eating.
- feelwell – A state of mental wellbeing in which every individual realises his or her potential and can cope with the normal stresses of life. We will improve the access to services that address mental wellbeing.
- staywell – Clinical wellbeing, a state of health. We will work together with the community and professionals to ensure our residents have access to the best clinical services.
- agewell - Plan now for the future, for a healthier retirement. We will endeavour to encourage people to look at improving their health and wellbeing now, to be able to lead a better quality of life in the future.
To find out more information about local initiatives, campaigns, activities or events please visit the livewell website. For Tendring specific information, please use the drop down menu to select ‘Tendring’.
As part of feelwell, Tendring District Council and livewell support the Time to Change initiative, looking to tackle mental health discrimination and encourage people to look after their own, and others', mental wellbeing.
You can find out more about Time to Change at the campaign website.