What you can expect from us
We are here to help you and we want to make sure we give you a high standard of service. We aim to provide quality services for everyone, whatever their, race, sex, disability, culture, religion or age. The quality of life of everyone that lives, works, does business in, invests in or visits the district is important to us, and we want to make sure everyone can use our services. The Councils Corporate Customer Care Service Standards explains what you as a customer of Tendring District Council can expect from us: -
- Give you comprehensive, accurate and timely information that is clear and easy to understand.
- Be punctual, polite and helpful and respond effectively and sensitively to your needs.
- Keep you informed of the progress of your enquiry.
- Help you find the services that can help you.
- Have published policies and standards and be accountable and open about how well we perform against these policies and standards.
- Listen to your comments, respond to your complaints and learn from them.
- Answer your telephone call in a polite manner within 6 rings (20 seconds).
- Return your call (or answerphone message) on the same day or the following
morning if your message was received after 4pm.
- Respond to your letter using plain language within 10 working days.
- Respond to your email using plain language within 5 working days.
- Provide opportunities for you to become involved in the planning, delivery and
monitoring of our services.
- Be responsive to the special needs of any of our customers.
Environmental services has its own Customer Service Standards (pdf document) in addition to the Council's standard which set out what we will do and include details of who to contact to get help.