The purpose for this processing
Processing of job applications.
Legal basis for this processing
Article 6 Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1, (a))
The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
Article 9 Processing of special categories of personal data (Section 2, (a)):
The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes.
What data we collect about you (fields)?
Personal details, which may include:
- Other contact details – email address and telephone number
- Education and qualifications
- Skills and experience
- Employment history
- Current levels of remuneration, including benefit details
- Whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- Evidence of your entitlement to work in the UK
- Details of convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current Disclosure and Barring Service guidance.
How long do we keep your personal data?
In accordance with the Council’s Corporate Retention Schedule:
- Unsuccessful applications are retained for 6 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process
- Successful applications will be transferred to your personnel file if the offer of employment is taken up.
Who do we share it with?
Information may be shared internally to process your application for employment. This may include Officers within the Human Resources team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the relevant service area.
The Council will not share your data with third parties unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. This will be conditional upon receipt of satisfactory references from former employers and or schools/colleges, Occupational Health and Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain relevant criminal records checks.
Where we get it from?
The job applicant (Data Subject) themselves and relevant third parties as stated above.
If automated decision making applies to this processing
No automated decision making applies to this process.