The purpose for this processing
To provide parking services:-
- season and resident permits
- parking enforcement, including parking appeals
Legal basis for this processing
- Article 6 Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1, (b)):
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contact.
- Article 6 Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1, (e)):
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and Traffic Management Act 2004
What data we collect about you (fields)?
Personal details as required. These may include:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Financial details
Vehicle type and registration number (including visual images when issuing penalty charge notices)
How long do we keep your personal data?
- Permit applications are destroyed after 1 year.
- Personal information associated with Parking Charge Notices are retained for 5 years.
In accordance with the Council’s Corporate Retention Schedule.
Who do we share it with?
Information may be shared with debt collection and tracing agents, courts and tribunals where necessary.
Where we get it from?
Individuals themselves (Data Subjects) and third parties, such as the DVLA.
If automated decision making applies to this processing
No automated decision making applies to this process.