The purpose for this processing
This notice sets out how Tendring District Council will use your personal data.
This notice relates to data collected under the Park Home Insulation Scheme operated by Tendring District Council and Cornerstone (East Anglia) Ltd., which is funded by the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme (GHG LAD) run by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal data is to support the delivery and administration of the Park Home Insulation Scheme and GHG LAD (The Scheme).
Delivery and administration of The Scheme may require linking of your data to the Housing dataset held by the Council.
BEIS will be conducting an evaluation of the Scheme. This may include you being contacted to take part in further research. Where the research involves processing of your personal data in addition to that already collected for delivery of the Scheme, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to that research at the point of contact.
Your data may also be used for statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
Legal basis for this processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
GDPR Article 6:
- (b) - processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- (e) - processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
No Special Category personal data will be processed.
What data we collect about you (fields)?
We will process the following personal data:
- Your name and contact details
- Address and details of property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the GHG LAD installation(s) at the property, including type, size and cost
- Contact address (if different)
- Address and details of property offered, but not receiving, the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Household income and any other scheme eligibility information
- Any financial contribution you have made towards the installation(s)
Details about the expected energy, carbon and cost savings expected to be delivered by the installation, including pre- and post-installation property EPC details where appropriate.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored securely by us for a maximum period of six years.
Your personal data will be stored securely by BEIS for a maximum period of 25 years following the close of the Scheme. BEIS may choose to store anonymised data beyond this period.
Who do we share it with?
- Cornerstone (East Anglia) Ltd (installers)
- Other departments within Tendring District Council in association with The Scheme
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
- Ofgem - the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets
- As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our data processors Microsoft.
Personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure and will therefore also be shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
The BEIS privacy notice / Personal information charter can be viewed on-line at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-business-energy-and-industrial-strategy/about/personal-information-charter
You can contact the BEIS Data Protection Officer at:
BEIS Data Protection Officer
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
1 Victoria Street
Where we get it from?
- The data subject themselves
- Department of Works and Pensions
- The Council’s Revenues & Benefits system
- Via referrals (with consent) from Health care professionals (e.g. GP Care Advisors) and the Voluntary sector.
If automated decision making applies to this processing
No automated decision making applies to this process.