The purpose for this processing
To process licensing applications as follows:
- Alcohol, Entertainment Late Night Refreshments
- Animal Licensing
- Boat and Boatman Licensing
- Camp Sites
- Caravan Sites
- Gambling and Betting
- Game Dealing
- House to House Collections
- Scrap Metal Dealers Registration
- Sex Establishments
- Skin Piercing Licenses
- Street Collection Permit
- Street Trading
- Taxi Licensing
Legal basis for this processing
Article 6 Lawfulness of processing (Section 1, (c))
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
Under to Licencing Act 2003 and Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976
What data we collect about you (fields)?
Personal details as required. These may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Employment details
- Relevant qualification details
- Proof of relevant age requirement
- Photo ID
- Licences and permits held
- Business activities and premises
- Vehicle details
- Boat details
How long do we keep your personal data?
In accordance with the Council’s Corporate Retention Schedule:
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire drivers – 6 years (medical information only retained for 2 renewal periods and DVLA driver consent forms for 7 years)
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire vehicles – 6 years
- Private Hire Operator – 6 years
- All personal licenses – live 10 years plus 2 years archived
- Gaming machine and gaming permits - live 10 years plus 2 years archived
- Gambling premises – live plus 6 years archived
- Temporary event notices – live 1 year plus 5 archived
- Premises and club premise licences – live plus 6 years archived
- Small society lotteries – live plus 5 years archived
- Temporary use and occasional use notices – live plus 5 years archived
- Sex establishment licences – live 10 years
- Scrap metal dealers-sites and collectors – current plus 6 years archived
- Boats and boatsman – current plus 6 years archived
- Street trading – current plus 5 years archived
- Street collection and house to house collections – current plus 5 year archived.
Who do we share it with?
- Courts and tribunals
- Police forces
- Local and central government
- Licensing authorities
- Law enforcement and prosecuting authorities
- Other relevant third parties.
Where we get it from?
Individuals themselves (Data Subjects) and other relevant third parties.
If automated decision making applies to this processing
No automated decision making applies to this process.