The purpose for this processing
- To manage the Council’s housing stock, handle Council tenants and leaseholder matters including undertaking day to day repairs and planned maintenance programmes.
- Processing of homelessness applications
Legal basis for this processing
- Article 6 Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1, (b))
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Article 6 Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1, (e))
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Article 9 Processing of Special Categories of Personal Data (Section 2, (a))
The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes.
Applicable legislation includes Housing Acts 1985, 1988, 1996 and 2004, Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, Common hold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
What data we collect about you (fields)?
Personal details, which may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Family details
- Employment and education details
- Financial details
- Housing needs
- Evidence of ID
- Physical or mental health details.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal information is retained in accordance with the Council’s published Corporate Retention Schedule and other legal obligations.
Who do we share it with?
- Contractors to undertake repairs, maintenance or improvement works
- Third party housing providers/landlords
- Utility companies
- Credit reference agencies
- Property valuers
- Central government agencies
- Other local authorities
Where we get it from?
Individuals themselves (Data subjects) and relevant third parties.
If automated decision making applies to this processing
No automated decision making applies to this process.