The purpose for this processing
- To manage the Council’s housing stock, handle Council tenants and leaseholder matters including undertaking day to day repairs and planned maintenance programmes.
- Processing of homelessness applications
Legal basis for this processing
- Article 6 Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1, (b))
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Article 6 Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1, (e))
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Article 9 Processing of Special Categories of Personal Data (Section 2, (a))
The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes.
Applicable legislation includes Housing Acts 1985, 1988, 1996 and 2004, Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, Common hold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
What data we collect about you (fields)?
Personal details, which may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Family details
- Employment and education details
- Financial details
- Housing needs
- Evidence of ID
- Physical or mental health details.
We may also:
Hold recordings of your telephone calls to us, as some calls to our contact centre are recorded for training and monitoring purposes so we can ensure we’re delivering a good service. Any recordings will be held in accordance with our corporate retention policy before being erased.
Capture your image on our CCTV systems if you visit an estate, office or community facility which is covered by this facility. Any recordings will be held in accordance with our corporate retention policy before being erased. This data may be shared with the Police in relation to the prevention or detection of crime or fraud.
Carry out market research and customer satisfaction surveys to help us to monitor our performance and to improve our services to our customers.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal information is retained in accordance with the Council’s published Corporate Retention Schedule and other legal obligations.
Who do we share it with?
- Contractors to undertake repairs, maintenance or improvement works
- Third party housing providers/landlords for example in connection with tenancy references and associated enquiries
- Third party service providers, for example if we use a research company to carry out a resident satisfaction survey or a mailing service to distribute newsletters or correspondence
- Utility companies
- Credit reference and debt collection agencies
- Property valuers
- Central government agencies
- Other local authorities
Where we get it from?
Individuals themselves (Data subjects) and relevant third parties.
If automated decision making applies to this processing
No automated decision making applies to this process.