The purpose for this processing
- To provide news releases, press invites, and other similar information relating to the business of the Council to members of the press and others who want to receive such items.
- To provide a response a customer service enquiry.
Legal basis for this processing
Article 6 – Lawfulness of Processing (Section 1 (e)):-
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Article 6 – Lawfulness of Processing (Section1 (a)):-
The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
What data we collect about you (fields)?
Personal details may include (where relevant) :-
- Email address
- Organisation you work for
We may also collect :
- Telephone numbers
- Social media account information
- Photographs of identified individuals (if provided with consent)
How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal information is retained in accordance with the Council’s published Corporate Retention Schedule.
Who do we share it with?
We may share your information with :
- Individuals themselves (Data Subjects)
- Press and Media
- Partner organisations
- Archivist for review – Essex Record Office
Where we get it from?
Individuals themselves (Data Subjects)
If automated decision making applies to this processing
No automated decision making applies to this process.