A scheme to set up a new hair and beauty salon at Mistley Railway Station is on track.
Tendring District Council (TDC) has granted listed building consent for alterations to take place to the vacant building which was previously run as a gallery and artist’s workshop.
The station was built in 1854 for the Eastern Union Railway and is Grade II listed and is in the village’s conservation area.
Glynne Gerrard wants to install new doors and windows to the existing arches, enlarge and opening to and make an access to the toilet.
It was originally planned to remove the timber ticket office partition but that is now to be retained.
Mistley Parish Council supported the application and there were no further representations received.