Coronavirus (Covid19) - Information and Advice

Stay Alert - Control The Virus - Save Lives

For the latest advice and guidance on the Coronavirus (COVID19):Stay alert to stay safe. Guidance from the government in response to coronavirus

Support for the extremely vulnerable- Register for coronavirus support on GOV.UK if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food.

NHS - For health information and advice on coronavirus.

Essex County Council - Information and updates on Schools, Libraries and Adult Social Care -  Tips on how to look after your mental health 

COVID-19 testing

More locations across Essex are seeing visits from mobile testing units to test eligible people for coronavirus (COVID-19).

What are mobile testing units?

Testing is a key part of the national COVID-19 response, with our nearest testing facility at Copdock, Ipswich, being well-used.

Mobile testing units mobilised by the Ministry of Defence are now enabling more people to be tested. These are particularly useful for those who cannot easily access the testing facility at Copdock.

Where are the mobile testing units in Tendring?

Visit the ECC COVID-19 testing page which is updated regularly

Please note the dates and times are subject to change at short notice. You must have an appointment to get a test, do not just turn up.

Who is eligible to be tested for COVID-19?

Anyone over the age of five years who has symptoms is eligible for testing, or if someone in their household has symptoms.

There is a priority testing process for some key workers with symptoms (or those in their households) – for a full list of who can get tested visit the government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): getting tested website.

How do I book a test for COVID-19?

If you're eligible, you can apply for a test at one of the centres on the website.

You can also book a test by submitting your details via the employer referral system (contact your employer for details).

Concerned about possible testing scams?

We have put together some information to help you avoid being caught out by testing scams: Assist with Track and Trace Information

Apply for Community Support

The Essex Welfare Service

This service is a single, convenient point of contact for anyone in the Essex area who is in urgent need of help during the coronavirus outbreak. It is also the place to report anyone who you are concerned about.

A wider group of people in Essex are vulnerable to coronavirus. This is because they are over the age of 70, are pregnant, or have underlying health conditions. These are people who may not have the support of friends or family or neighbours.

The NHS or GP surgeries will be contacting these residents. If your GP surgery has not contacted you and you need help with medicine or food supplies, you can contact the Essex Welfare Service.

Call: 0300 303 9988

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 2pm

You can also stay in touch with all the latest updates from the Essex Coronavirus Action Facebook page.

Support from Tendring District Council

Tendring District Council is supporting the community effort, and has its own helpline for people with concerns, or who do not qualify for the Essex Welfare Service.

Call: 01255 686700.

Government Support and Advice

If you are in receipt of Government provided food boxes and medicine deliveries, you will continue to receive this support until the end of July.

Local councils and volunteers are also providing support to people who are shielding, to enable them to stay safely in their homes. The government is funding local councils to continue to provide these services to those who need them until the end of July.  

What support is available to people who are shielding until the end of July? 

Essential supplies

There are a number of ways that those who are shielding can access food and other essentials: 

  • Make use of the supermarket priority delivery slots that are available for this group. When a clinically extremely vulnerable person registers online as needing support with food, their data is shared with supermarkets. This means if they make an online order with a supermarket (as both a new or existing customer), they will be eligible for a priority slot.
  • Use the many commercial options now available for accessing food, including telephone ordering, food box delivery, prepared meal delivery and other non-supermarket food delivery providers. A list has been shared with local authorities and charities.
  • A free, standardised weekly parcel of food and household essentials. If you have registered for this support online before 17 July you will continue to receive weekly food box deliveries until the end of July.  
  • If you need urgent help and have no other means of support, contact your local council to find out what support services are available in their area. 
  • For anyone facing financial hardship, the government has made £63 million available to local councils in England to help those who are struggling to afford food and other essentials.

NHS Volunteer Responders

Support will continue to be available through the NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme beyond the end of July.

NHS Volunteer Responders can support you with:

  • Collecting shopping, medication (if your friends and family cannot collect them for you) or other essential supplies;
  • A regular, friendly phone call which can be provided by different volunteers each time or by someone who is also shielding and will stay in contact for several weeks; and
  • Transport to medical appointment.

Please call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm to arrange support or speak to your health case professional for transport support. A carer or family member can also do this on their behalf. More information is available at

Health care 

Any essential carers or visitors who support you with your everyday needs can continue to visit unless they have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell). 

People in the clinically extremely vulnerable group should continue to access the NHS services they need during this time. This may be delivered in a different way or in a different place than they are used to, for example via an online consultation, but if they do need to go to hospital or attend another health facility for planned care, extra planning and protection will be put in place. 

Mental health support 

It is normal during these uncertain and unusual times to feel anxious or feel low.

Follow the advice that works for you in the guidance on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Every Mind Matters page on anxiety and NHS mental wellbeing audio guides provide further information on how to manage anxiety. 

If you feel you need to talk to someone about your mental health or you are looking for more support for someone else, we would urge you to speak to a GP and seek out mental health support delivered by charities or the NHS. 

Income and employment support 

At this time, people who are shielding are advised not to go to work. This guidance remains advisory.   

Those shielding will be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) on the basis of their shielding status until the 31 July. SSP eligibility criteria apply

From 1 August, if clinically extremely vulnerable people are unable to work from home but need to work, they can, as long as the business is COVID safe.   

The Government is asking employers to work with them to ease the transition back to a more normal way of life for their shielding employees. It is important that this group continues to take careful precautions, and employers should do all they can to enable them to work from home where this is possible, including moving them to another role if required.   

Where this is not possible, those who have been shielding should be provided with the safest onsite roles that enable them to maintain social distancing.

If employers cannot provide a safe working environment, they can continue to use the Job Retention Scheme for shielded employees who have already been furloughed.  

What support will be available after July? 

From 1 August, clinically extremely vulnerable people will continue to have access to priority supermarket delivery slots if you have registered online before 17 July for a priority delivery slot.  

NHS Volunteer Responders will also continue to offer support to those who need it, including collecting and delivering food and medicines. 

The NHS Volunteer Responders Scheme has been expanded to offer a new Check in and Chat Plus role. This new role has been designed to provide peer support and companionship to people who are shielding as they adapt to a more normal way of life.   

If you are vulnerable or at risk and need help with shopping, medication or other essential supplies, please call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm).  

Government is committed to supporting local councils and voluntary sector organisations to respond to those who have specific support needs and requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic. Details of the support and advice available can be found here:   

The updated shielding guidance should not affect any social care or support you were receiving prior to the start of shielding.  

Individuals should continue to contact their local council if they have any ongoing social care needs.  

Stay At Home, Grow Your Own

Tendring District Council, Colchester Borough Council and Abberton Rural training are encouraging residents to garden and grow their own fruit and vegetables. 

Everyone can take part and there are online tutorials to show you how you can grow for free! 

Tendring residents can sign up at:

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Volunteer Groups

Through this page we are sharing details of the amazing support available to our more vulnerable residents and inviting others to register to offer more support to those residents.  If you know of other groups offering support, please get them in touch so that we can include their details here. 

Submit details of your organisation, the services you can offer and the areas you can cover via our Community Volunteer Groups online form

This emergency is developing daily - please let us know if anything becomes out of date so that we can update it swiftly.

If you need to contact the volunteer group liaison team for Tendring District Council, please email

You can filter by "areas covered" by typing the name(s) of a town/area in the box and pressing "apply".
You can search for multiple areas separated by a comma (eg Clacton, Harwich).
To remove a filter, delete any text in the box and click "apply".
Click on the name of the organisation to see more information including contact details.
Areas covered Name Services offered
  • All of Tendring
Abberton Rural Training
  • Support the most vulnerable and isolated
  • Gardening
  • Mental health support and advice
  • All of Tendring
Age Concern
  • Telephone call
  • Information and advice
  • All of Tendring
Age UK
  • Information and advice
  • All of Tendring
Baby Bank Tendring
  • Helping families with children 0-10yrs with clothing, milk, bedding, toiletries etc.
  • All of Tendring
  • Health visitor and family support
  • Bradfield
Bradfield Parish Council
  • Prescription collection/delivery
  • Shopping
  • All of Tendring
Carers First
  • Support for carers
  • All of Tendring
Cinnamon Trust
  • Dog walking
  • Pet care and short term fostering
  • All of Tendring
Clacton Crisis Café
  • Mental health support and advice
  • All of Tendring
Health in Mind
  • Mental health support and advice
  • All of Tendring
  • Support for male victims of domestic violence
  • All of Tendring
Next Chapter (Domestic Support)
  • Information and advice
  • Clacton
  • Great Clacton
  • Holland on Sea
  • Little Clacton
North Road Pharmacy
  • Prescription collection/delivery
  • All of Tendring
Peabody Outreach Service
  • Food parcel deliveries
  • Welfare checks
  • Benefit help
  • Signposting
  • All of Tendring
  • Information and advice
  • All of Tendring
Respect Men's Advice Line
  • Men's domestic abuse support
  • All of Tendring
Singlepoint Support
  • End of life care and support
  • All of Tendring
The Essex Welfare Service
  • Food supplies
  • Prescription collection/delivery
  • All of Tendring
Victim Support (Essex)
  • Information and advice
  • All of Tendring
Virgin Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Services
  • Support for families with children 0-19yrs
  • All of Tendring
CHAT Health
  • Anonymous texting service for 11-19 yr olds wanting to talk about their health
  • All of Tendring
Citizens Advice Tendring
  • Advice
  • All of Tendring
  • Supports adults with learning difficulties, autism and mental health issues
  • All of Tendring
Tendring Community Transport
  • Minibus service
  • Alresford
Alresford Parish Council Neighbourhood Action Group
  • Deliver essential goods
  • Ardleigh
Dedham and Ardleigh Helpline
  • Helpline to run errands
  • Clacton
Carers Support
  • Offering support for carers and befriending
  • Clacton
Prescriptions 2 You
  • Repeat prescription and delivery of medication
  • Clacton
  • Harwich
Community Voluntary Services
  • Provide signposting for a variety of community services
  • Clacton
  • Jaywick
Clacton Coastal Academy Foodbank
  • Foodbank
  • Clacton
  • Jaywick
  • St Osyth
  • Food bank, helping local people in crisis
  • Isolated people
  • Elmstead
Elmstead Mutual Aid
  • Collecting prescriptions
  • Collecting groceries
  • Offering a chat for those isolated and lonely
  • Frating
Frating Parish Council
  • Delivering food and medication and essential items
  • Frinton
  • Walton
Frinton and Walton Churches Working Together
  • Delivering food and medication
  • Great Oakley
Parish of Great Oakley
  • Arrange delivery of food and medication
  • Great Oakley
  • Wix
Community Care Initiative
  • Delivering items
  • Signposting residents to appropriate services
  • Dog walking
  • Telephone call
  • Harwich
Harwich Helps
  • Transport to shops
  • Collecting prescriptions
  • Support
  • Holland on Sea
Holland Pharmacy
  • Repeat prescription and delivery of medication
  • Jaywick
Jaywick Post Office Delivery Service
  • Delivering items
  • Manningtree
Manningtree Shoutout
  • Light shopping, Monday to Saturday only
  • Prescription collection, Monday to Saturday only
  • Ramsey and Parkeston
Ramsey Parkeston Parish Council, Resident Association and the Church
  • Emergency packs
  • Tendring
Tendring Village Support Network
  • Shopping
  • Posting items
  • Telephone call
  • Urgent supplies
  • Prescription collection
  • Thorpe-le-Soken
Thorpe-le-Soken Parish Council
  • Shopping
  • Collecting prescriptions
  • Thorrington
Thorrington friends
  • Prescription collection
  • Shopping
  • Posting items
  • Telephone call
  • Walton
Walton and District Community Food Bank
  • Food bank, helping local people in crisis
  • Weeley
Weeley Parish Council
  • Delivering food and medication
  • Weeley
Weeley Residents Association
  • Delivering food and medication


The UK Government has set out a roadmap for the clinically extremely vulnerable on the future of the shielding programme.  

For now, the guidance remains the same – stay at home and only go outside to exercise or to spend time outdoors with a member of your household, or with one other person from another household if you live alone – but the guidance will change on 6 July and again on 1 August based on clinical evidence.

Shielding and other advice to the clinically extremely vulnerable has been and remains advisory. 

What are the changes?

Recently, the UK Government advised that you can spend time outdoors, if you wish, with your own household, or if you live alone with another household. Following this, and alongside current scientific and medical advice the UK Government is planning to relax shielding guidance in stages.  

From 6 July, the guidance will change so you can meet in groups of up to six people from outside your household – outdoors with social distancing. For example, you might want to enjoy a summer BBQ outside at a friend’s house, but remember it is still important to maintain social distancing and you should not share items such as cups and plates. If you live alone (or are a lone adult with dependent children under 18), you will be able to form a support bubble with another household. 

From 1 August, you will no longer need to shield, and the advice will be that you can visit shops and places of worship, but you should continue maintaining rigorous social distancing.

Why is the guidance changing now?

The roadmap has been developed in line with the latest scientific and medical advice and with the safety and welfare of those who are shielding in mind. Current statistics show that the rate of catching coronavirus in the community continues to decrease. At the end of June, on average less than 1 in 1,700 in our communities were estimated to have the virus, down from 1 in 500 at the end of May. 

Unless advised otherwise by your clinician, you are still in the ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ category and should continue to follow the advice for that category.

The virus will be monitored continuously over coming months and if it spreads too much, you may be advised to shield again.

Food and services available locally

Click on the links below for information about local shops and services that are still operating during lockdown.

Clacton, Jaywick, Frating and Holland local services

Frinton, Walton and Kirby local services

Weeley local services

Elmstead local services

Harwich and Dovercourt local services

Premises able to open (as at 23 June 2020)

  • Veterinary surgeries and pet shops
  • Agricultural supplies shops
  • Convenience stores, corner shops and newsagents
  • Off-licences and licensed shops selling alcohol, including those within breweries
  • Laundrettes and dry cleaners
  • Post offices
  • Taxi or vehicle hire businesses
  • Car repair and MOT services
  • Car parks
  • Banks, building societies, short-term loan providers, credit unions, savings clubs, cash points, currency exchange offices, businesses for the transmission of money, and businesses which cash cheques
  • Storage and distribution facilities, including delivery, drop off or collection points where they are on the premises of any of the above businesses
  • Public toilets
  • Shopping centres may stay open but only units of the types listed may trade
  • Food retailers, including supermarkets
  • Dental services
  • Opticians and audiology services
  • Chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services (including physiotherapy and podiatry services)
  • Pharmacies and chemists, including non-dispensing pharmacies
  • Petrol stations
  • Bicycle shops
  • Homeware, building supplies and hardware stores, including where those stores supply equipment for hire
  • Garden centres and plant nurseries
  • Restaurants for collection, drive-thru & delivery
  • Places of worship, for private prayer
  • Chemists
  • All non-essential retailers incl: Fashion shops; Charity shops; Betting shops; Tailors; dress fitters and fashion designers; Car dealerships; Auction houses; Antique stores; Retail art galleries; Photography studios; Gift shops and retail spaces in theatres; Mobile phone stores
  • Indoor and outdoor markets and Craft fairs
  • Zoos & Safari parks
  • Drive-in cinemas
  • Heritage and Tourism sites

Premises able to open from 4 July (subject to final government agreement)

  • Hotels
  • Bed and Breakfast
  • Holiday homes
  • Campsites
  • Caravan parks
  • Boarding houses
  • Places of worship
  • Community centres
  • Social clubs
  • Libraries
  • Bars, pubs, restaurants, cafes, workplace canteens - if self-contained and can be accessed from the outside.
  • Cinemas and theatres (excluding live performances)
  • Museums and galleries
  • Bingo halls
  • Outdoor playgrounds
  • Funfairs
  • Theme parks
  • Amusement arcades
  • Model villages
  • Hair salons and barbers

Not yet able to open

  • Nightclubs
  • Bowling alleys
  • Indoor play areas
  • Spas
  • Nail bars
  • Tattoo parlours
  • Indoor fitness and gyms
  • Swimming pools
  • Waterparks
  • Conference centres

Note: This list is a guide only. Please consult government guidance/information about the reopening of specific sectors. Opening of all premises is subject to being able to demonstrate they can do so safely.

Support for Businesses

During the COVID-19 emergency the Council will be using the Tendring4Growth e-bulletins to keep local businesses up to date with the latest information. You can register here to receive these e-bulletins.

Financial Support

The information listed below is not exhaustive. For a full list of financial support, please check the Government’s financial support for businesses page, or you can use the Government’s business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business.

Small Business Grant Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund

Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund



Charities, Creative & Cultural and Heritage

Other Financial Support

  • Crowdfunder’s ‘Pay it Forward’ offers 100% fee-free fundraising during COVID-19. Please note, Tendring District Council does not specifically endorse crowdfunding, nor one crowdfunding platform over another.
  • Creative Industries Federation are offering a Free Federation Membership for four months. Please note, Tendring District Council does not specifically endorse Creative Industries Federation.
  • The University of Essex has launched Angels@Essex to support entrepreneurs with innovative and market-disrupting business ideas by giving them access to a network of investors.
  • Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme (GBVS) - a grant contribution to pay towards upgrading business broadband to a high-speed capable connection.
  • Start-ups and innovative firms can now apply for investment from the Government’s Future Fund

Non-Financial Support

4th July: Easing of Lockdown Restrictions

Guidance, Support and Advice

Webinars and Courses

DWP Job Centre Sites and Universal Credit

  • All face to face interviews for Universal Credit, Legacy and New Style Benefits have been temporarily suspended. If anyone is considering making a claim, they can do this via an online process. People making new claims for Universal Credit will no longer need to call the Department.

Safe town centres and open spaces guidance

European Regional Development Fund logo

The Government has issued advice about measures landowners and businesses can put in place to make public areas as safe as possible during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Tendring District Council is reviewing this guidance and working on plans for shared spaces, which will be published when it is finalised.

Guidance can be found on the links below:

Coronavirus: Working safely (

Coronavirus: Working safely in shops and branches - guidance for employers, employees and the self-employed (

Coronavirus: Safer public places - urban centres and green spaces (

Coronavirus: Guidance on accessing green spaces safely (

Are you ready to safely open your business?

Government guidance tool to help businesses reopen safely

Have you completed your COVID-19 secure risk assessment?

Do you have entrance and exit points that allow safe distancing?

Can you implement safe queueing and one way systems?

Have you got contactless payment systems in place?

Is hand sanitiser available for customers?

Businesses will need to take certain steps to protect customers and staff, including limiting the number of customers allowed inside at one time, placing protective coverings on large items such as sofas which may be touched by passing shoppers, and frequently checking and cleaning objects and surfaces.

As a business it is your responsibility to talk to your neighbouring businesses to ensure queueing systems will work and to protect your employees and customers from harm.
You are required to complete a Government Health and Safety Executive COVID-19 risk assessment. Risk prevention is one part of the overall process used to help control risks in your workplace.

Five steps to safer working together:

  1. We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here.
  2. We have cleaning, hand-washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
  3. We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home.
  4. We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
  5. Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.

Downloadable pdf guidance and poster for businesses

Employers should also display a notice visibly in their shop windows or outside their store to show their employees, customers and other visitors that they have followed this guidance.

Downloadable pdf notice for businesses

Reopening High Streets Safely

Money for signage and other measures implemented by Tendring District Council (TDC) to support safer town centres comes from the Government’s Reopening High Streets Safely Fund, which in turn is from the European Regional Development Fund. TDC has up to £131,110 from the fund to support this work.


Face coverings in Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles

New rules requiring passengers to wear a face covering on their journey came into force on public transport across England from Monday 15 June 2020.

Hackney carriage and private hire vehicles are not included in the regulations.  However, while the regulations exclude hackney carriage and private hire vehicles, updated guidance does include references:  ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers’ advises that taxi and private hire passengers ‘should’ wear face coverings, and that drivers ‘may be entitled to refuse’ to carry passengers without one.

Advice for food businesses

Download government advice for all workplaces involved in the manufacturing, processing, warehousing, picking, packaging and retailing of food

Download government guidance on working safely during COVID-19 in restaurants offering takeaway or delivery

Download 'Don't stay, take it away' poster for internal business use

Download 'Don't stay, take it away' poster for use in a public space

Seafront Kiosks

Advice for seafront kiosk owners:

  • Seating adjacent to your business, whether or not owned / provided by you, cannot be used.
  • Where possible orders should be taken in advance by phone or online.
  • Use a designated order and collection point.
  • If order and collection point is indoors, one customer at a time.
  • Customers waiting to order or collect should be in designated area maintaining social distancing of a minimum of 2 metres.
  • Use queue management to maintain social distancing.
  • Food and drink cannot be consumed on the premises.
  • Takeaways only.
  • Use clear visible signage.
  • Use floor markings.
  • Place plexiglass barriers at tills and counters if feasible, as an additional element of protection for workers and customers.
  • Encourage the use of contactless payments where possible.
  • Provide additional pop-up handwashing stations or facilities if possible, providing soap, water and hand sanitiser.
  • At all times, workers should follow the Government guidance on self-isolation if they or anyone in their household shows symptoms.
  • Any food handler who is unwell should not be at work. If they have symptoms, they should follow government advice and stay at home.
  • As a matter of good hygiene practice anyone handling food should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This should be done as a matter of routine, before and after handling food, and especially after being in a public place, blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing.
  • If you hold a Premises Licence, please remind yourself of the conditions set and abide by them. You are not permitted to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises and are reminded that Off sales must be served in sealed containers only.

Home Delivery Advice

Tendring District Council understand that businesses may look to change their business model and diversify in order to maintain their business during this time. We also appreciate that other voluntary groups may also want to assist with delivery of meals and these groups must ensure the food they deliver is safe. Please visit The Food Standards Agency website For information and advice or contact the Food Safety Team at the Council.

The following advice is for those businesses that are looking to make provision for takeaways and deliveries where they have not done so before.

Scientific advice is that it is very unlikely that COVID-19 can be spread through food, but, if you are changing how you are used to operating then you should think through the hazards and ensure that you have control measures in place. You should record your change of activity in your safer food better businesses pack or food safety management system to reflect your change of activity.

A business will only be in a position do this if they are registered as a food business with a Local Authority.

All foods must be delivered to consumers in a way that ensures that they do not become unsafe or unfit to eat.

Foods that need refrigerating must be kept cool (below 8 degree C) while they are being transported. This may need to be packed in an insulated box with a coolant gel or in a cool bag.

If you are transporting hot food, it should be kept hot. (Above 63 degrees) This may need to be packed in an insulated box. It is recommended to keep distances short and times limited to within 30 minutes.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) have provided advice for business – ‘How to manage a food business if you sell products online, for takeaway or for delivery.’ '

Allergens – There is a wealth of advice for businesses on allergen management on the FSA website at . When an order is placed always check if any on has dietary requirements.

Contact-free delivery

Limiting contact when delivering orders will help keep everyone healthy, so you could consider leaving deliveries at the door of your customer, rather than handing it over to them.(Ask the customer to place a plastic box where the food can be placed into and not left in contact with the ground) Knock on the door step back at least 1 metre and wait nearby for your customer to collect it.

Take payments over the phone or online rather than taking a cash payment.

Infection Control

You have responsibilities to ensure food handlers are fit for work under the food hygiene regulations and in addition you have a general duty to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of persons in your employment and members of the public.

Relevant staff must be provided with clear instructions on any infection control policy in place, and any person so affected and employed in a food business and who is likely to come into contact with food is to report immediately the illness or symptoms, and if possible their causes, to the food business operator. 

The Government have issued guidance on COVID-19 for employees and businesses

However, this is not specific for food businesses, but it does advise that ‘if you have been asked to self-isolate, you can order by phone or online, such as through takeaway services or online shopping deliveries.  However, make sure you tell the delivery driver that the items are to be left outside, or as appropriate for your home’.

If you are undertaking deliveries, then you should have a system in place to ascertain/develop a system whereby clients can notify the restaurant/delivery drivers whether they are self-isolating so that action can be taken accordingly as highlighted above.

Council Offices, Receptions and Visitor Information Centre

Tendring District Council offices and leisure centres are now closed to the public to protect you and our staff.

Weeley Crematorium currently remains open to provide a service to residents in line with Government advice.

The situation is fast moving and we aim to keep residents informed of updates as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the Council we would request that you do this in one of three ways if possible:

  1. Online. There are many processes that you can complete yourself from the safety of your own home 24 hours per day if you are able. 
  2. By telephone – our Customer Service team is manned and able to take your calls (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 4.30pm Friday). If you know the team you want to speak to you can dial their direct line, if not call our switchboard on 01255 686868
  3. By email – You can find the best email to use on our website by finding the relevant service.

Rubbish and Recycling (Coronavirus updates)

All locations that store recycling boxes or caddy liners for collection by residents will not be able to provide this service until further notice. Please use any suitable container for your recycling but please be sure to only put the correct recyclables in the container. We will update this page when this service resumes.

All waste and recycling collections are continuing as normal – this page will be updated if the situation changes.

Clacton recycling centre will be reopened Monday 18th May.

  • Visiting this site is only essential where there is no alternative available. The safest way to get rid of your waste and recycling is using your kerbside collection. New site restrictions and social distancing measures will be in place to ensure the safety of residents and site staff. Please expect long queues and delays.

For amended opening hours and site restrictions, please visit the Love Essex website.

Lawford, Kirby le Soken and Dovercourt Recycling Centres will remain closed until further notice.

  • The size and layout of some recycling centres makes it difficult to implement social distancing measures. The small number of cars able to be in the site at any one time will lead to long queues in the surrounding areas. Staff usually working at closed sites will be relocated to support the open sites.

Open recycling centres and restrictions will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change. For up to date information please visit

Veolia are re-introducing their bulky waste collections (3 large items for £30 and £10 per item thereafter). Bookings will be taken from Monday 4th May with collections taking place the following week. Restrictions apply to payment and location of goods to be collected. Bookings can be made direct with Veolia on 01255 431620.

We will not be removing restrictions on side waste at this time. This is because the amount of additional waste this creates (based on Christmas) we would need additional waste lorries and workers – which is not sustainable over an extended period of time.

We would look at other steps first, such as suspending the garden waste service to free up those crews (and freezing payments/extended time period for subscribers).

If you are struggling to stay within the wheelie bin limit, please try to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible to cut down the amount of waste going in the black bin. You can still use recycling banks for glass and other items.

Where households have a large amount of waste due to the number of people living there, or medical needs, then you can apply online for authorised side waste.

Please work with us during these exceptional times, and where possible store waste until recycling sites open again – and in doing so reduce the burden on the kerbside collection service.

Keep up to date by following @loveessexuk on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or at

Seafronts and Beach Huts

Stay Alert - Control The Virus - Save Lives

If you are planning on visiting our beaches, please adhere to social distancing rules following government guidelines. You can exercise outside as often as you wish and you can also sit and rest outside – exercise or recreation can be alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.

Attractions are not yet permitted to open, and although kiosks are allowed to serve on a takeaway basis along the Essex Sunshine Coast, people must not congregate outside of them.

Beach Patrol is operating as normal. 

If you have any enquiries or questions please email                                 

Guidance to Beach Hut Owners

Following the revised Government guidance, we have been considering the use of Beach Huts across the District, after receiving a significant number of enquiries from associations and local people.  After consulting with Essex Police, as long as users are conforming to social distancing guidelines, they will not be subject to any enforcement.  With that in mind, the following guidance will be issued to Beach Hut Associations and those requesting information:

If you are considering using beach huts following the Government guidance issued on 11 May in relation to Covid-19, you must ensure the following points are adhered to:

  • Any use of beach huts must comply with social distancing rules and Government guidance to only mix with those from your own household – or one member of another household; 
  • A minimum of a two-metre distance between you and other beach hut owners and/or seafront users must be maintained at all times;
  • Promenades and pathways must not be obstructed with seating or equipment and a minimum of a 2m clearance must be maintained with other seafront users;
  • Please be aware that fines may be issued to those not adhering to the guidance.

Further to this, members of our team together with colleagues in the Police will be making patrols to provide advice to beach hut owners if required.

Seafront Kiosks Owners

If you are considering re-opening your kiosk, please check the detailed guidance available on the "advice to food businesses" section of this page.

Crematorium, Cemeteries and Bereavement Advice

Weeley Crematorium

In view of the latest guidance, the crematorium will remain closed for visitors and only open to the public for funeral services. We respectfully request that only very close/immediate family attend services at the crematorium and cemetery chapels.

The book of remembrance room is closed for the foreseeable future, including weekends, however you can still view the online book of remembrance.

The gardens at Weeley Crematorium are open to the public.


The cemeteries are open to pedestrians and vehicles.

Bereavement Advice

If you have been bereaved, either from the coronavirus or any other illness, accident or suicide, St Helena's bereavement service is available to support you.

To refer yourself for bereavement support visit: or call: 01206 984274

Bereavement support for adults from St Helena hospice

Bereavement support in the community across Essex

Public Toilets and Car Parks

Car Parks

Car parks in Tendring are open, and drivers are encouraged to pay by phone or using the smartphone MiPermit app, rather than using the meters where possible to reduce contact with shared surfaces.

Public Toilets

From Saturday 20 June, all of our public toilets will be open from 10am to 8pm seven days a week, except Connaught Ave, Frinton which is 8am to 8pm.

Please keep 2 metres apart and thoroughly wash your hands.













Council meetings

To keep up-to-date on how and when meetingsare taking place, visit our Calendar of Meetings page.

Decisions will still be made using alternative arrangements.



Tendring Careline's lifting service has been suspended, and the response service is only happening where social distancing can be maintained, to protect our customers and staff. They are still operating emergency monitoring and response service 24/7/365. If you want to know more about the service you can call us on 01255 222022 or email

Risk assessment for infection control for Careline service

Housing and Sheltered Housing


We are following national government guidance to respond to the coronavirus outbreak in the UK and will be taking steps to delay the virus spreading.

As the virus continues to escalate, we will be reducing our face to face contact with residents. This will include deferring events and meetings and visiting people at home.  

Where possible we will make any contact with you by telephone rather than visit you at home.


Where planned repairs and improvement works are taking place, we are making every effort to complete these as planned, although some works may be affected if our resources (such as staff and supplies) are reduced.

Until further notice please only request essential or emergency repairs.

If you have to isolate yourself at home, while we are attending to the repair, please consider the safety of our staff and make provision to isolate in another room. 

To help us to help you, do inform us if you are self-isolating or a member of your household is diagnosed with confirmed or possible coronavirus infection.  

You can access a range of our services through our website or telephone 01255 686868.

Sheltered Housing

We are following national government guidance to respond to the coronavirus outbreak in the UK and we will be taking steps to delay the virus spreading.

As the virus continues to escalate, we will be reducing our face to face contact with residents. This will include deferring events and meetings and visiting people at home.  

We will maintain our regular contact with you by telephone rather than visit you at home. For those residents who have opted out of the daily ‘I am ok’ Chubb/ Careline check we would recommend that you now opt in (there is no extra charge for this service). If you require further details or wish to opt in please contact the Hub on 07789 654253.

In light of current Government advice regarding the coronavirus we would recommend that you cancel any groups or events at the Scheme to protect public safety.

You can access a range of our services through our website or you can call us on the numbers below:
Council Switchboard tel: 01255 686868
Sheltered Housing Team: 07789 654253.

Please keep up to date with the government news as the situation changes.

Housing Allocations

Following the announcement from the Prime Minister on the 23 March 2020 restricting unnecessary movements we have taken the decision to suspend our usual housing allocation service. In its place we will be offering a reduce service, where properties will only be allocated in emergency circumstances. We appreciate your patience in this matter and we hope to restore full service at the earliest opportunity.

Applying to the council’s housing register will remain unaffected by this.

There will be some disruption to the re-registration process, during this time of closure we would ask you to post or return your Housing Registration Card to the following address-

Housing Allocations, 88-90 Pier Avenue, Clacton-On-Sea, Essex, CO15 1TN

Once received, we will return the card to the address linked to your application via 2nd class post. We understand that due to the restrictions some may not be able to do this, therefore, we are loosening the deadline to re-register.  For those that are unable to return their registration card within the deadline date stated, please inform us by emailing phoning 01255 686441. Due to the reduced service there may be a disruption to the usual telephone service, therefore, we recommend that you contact us via our email address.

Current advice for private renters and home owners 

All court action for eviction is on hold until 23rd August due to coronavirus.  Your landlord can still give you notice but they can't make you leave.  From 26 March 2020, you are entitled to at least a 3 month notice period if you're a council or housing association tenant or a private renter who gets a section 21 or section 8 notice

You should stay in your home even if you have already had notice, or your landlord applied to court before the outbreak.

During this time, new eviction rules mean that:

  • bailiffs won't evict you
  • landlords can't get an eviction order

It's important to remember that this is only a suspension of possession action and you still need to continue to pay the rent on your property.  Your landlord is likely to commence action again after the suspension is lifted if you fall into rent arrears.  It is therefore important to speak to your landlord if you are struggling to pay your rent and seek advice about the help available. 

If you have experienced a recent drop of income, please ensure you seek advice from the DWP to see if you are able to get assistance with Universal Credit.   If your full rent isn’t being covered by housing benefit or universal credit you may be able to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment with the council for a short period of time.   

Current advice to Homeowners struggling with mortgage payments

  • You can ask your lender for a 3 month payment holiday if you're struggling to pay because of coronavirus. You can ask for this at any time until at least 31st October 2020.
  • Check if you have insurance that will cover your mortgage payments. For example, mortgage payment protection insurance or through your current account.
  • Ask your lender about other options. For example, switching to a lower interest rate.

Repossessions are on hold

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has said that mortgage lenders shouldn't start, or continue court action for repossession, until at least 31 October 2020.

This means they must not apply for a repossession order or ask bailiffs to evict you.

You may be able to use this time to sort out payment problems and avoid losing your home.

Are you staying with friends or family? 

We are under great pressure to ensure that we offer support to our most vulnerable in society with accommodation.  We need your support with this and we expect you to remain staying with your friends and family, where at all possible.   We will still be able to offer you advice about moving on whilst you temporarily remain living with friends or family.

Where you are part of a household that is self-isolating, we expect everybody to follow Government guidance and to remain together for at least 14 days.

Need Homelessness Advice?

If you are homeless or worried about becoming homeless within the next 8 weeks (56 days) we’ll discuss your situation and needs with you.

As part of our assessment, we'll make enquiries and if we determine that you are homeless, or threatened with homelessness, we will draw up a Personalised Housing Plan with you.

Your Personalised Housing Plan will list actions for both you and your Housing Solutions Officer to take to either:

  • stop you becoming homeless
  • help you find new accommodation if you’re already homeless 

If you are homeless, and you do not have a local connection to Tendring, you may be referred to a local authority where you do have a connection (unless you are at risk of violence or domestic abuse in that area).

Getting a council property

You are unlikely to be offered a council property, even if you are homeless.  There are approximately 1700 households in Tendring who are currently on the Housing Register for council or housing association housing, and there are very few available properties. 

Complete an on-line Self-Referral form

If you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, you need to register and complete a self-referral form to Tendring following the link below:

Housing Jigsaw – register online for homelessness advice

We will contact you once we have received your form to advise you of the next steps, which may include a telephone appointment with a Housing Solutions Officer.

When we contact you, we may need to ask you a lot of questions in order to fully understand and assess your circumstances.  We will also ask you to provide some or all of the following documents:

  • Proof of ID such as passport or birth certificate
  • Birth certificates for any children
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Any notice served by your landlord
  • Proof of pregnancy or any medical conditions
  • Bank statements, wage slips and benefit letters

It is important for you to be open and honest at your assessment so we can give you the correct advice and support.

If you cannot register online and you are currently homeless, please call our contact centre on 01255 686868 and ask to speak to the Housing Solutions Team, or email

On-line advice

If you are not homeless but you are worried about your housing situation, please see our advice pages on the left menu such as:

Private Sector Housing

Disabled Facilities Grants   

Communication should be made through e-mail, telephone or letter as staff will be unable to attend visitors in the reception area.  All visits are dependent on the availability of staff and confirmation that household members are not self-isolating, exhibiting any symptoms of Coronavirus and wish for the visit to go ahead.  All of which is liable to change depending on the latest advise from Westminster

The department have taken the decision in light of the government’s advice for everyone to social distance themselves and advice to self-isolate for those in at risk categories to put on hold all new referrals that are awaiting an officer visit. If you are in this category you shall receive a letter and should you require a means test to check eligibility these will be carried out via a form which will be included or if you prefer by contacting the department on 01255 686744 to arrange for a telephone assessment. In this way we hope that when we are able to resume we shall be able to go straight into inspections of your premises.

For those that are already active cases with the department please contact us should you wish to put your case on hold or if you are contacted by the NHS as one of the 1.5m in the seriously at risk category who need to self-isolate. We will do our best to ensure that if you need assistance we forward you to those who can assist you and ensure Essex County Council are aware and can deliver any necessary equipment.

For those applicants already in our system who wish to continue with their Disabled Facilities Grant and are not self-isolating, told by the NHS to self-isolate or showing symptoms of coronavirus you may of course do so. The team will be only visiting as necessary and will work with you, your contractor and, if you are using one, your agent to ensure that your grant can be completed and paid.

We hope that by making these changes we can keep our applicants, colleagues and community safe protecting our vital NHS services.

Tel:  01255 686744 

Council Tax and Benefits

There are no changes to our current arrangements at present. However, we continue to monitor the situation as it develops, we are expecting further government guidance in the coming days, and will update this accordingly.

In the meantime, we would encourage people to apply for the Local Council Tax Support Scheme, which includes a hardship element. Support cannot be backdated so our interim/current advice is to apply for this now and we can work through the process.

There has been some government advice about applying for benefits if you cannot work due to Coronavirus, and some benefits entitle you to a reduction or exemption on council tax. Further information can be found on Universal Credit.

Update from Job Centres: Jobcentres are limiting access to their centres, and are asking claimants to apply online wherever possible. Additionally, people already receiving benefits do not have to attend any Jobcentre appointments for at least 3 months, starting from Thursday 19 March 2020. People will continue to receive their benefits as normal but all requirements to attend the Jobcentre in person are suspended.

Sports and leisure facilities

In line with the latest national advice and the tightening of measures to control the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, our leisure centres closed on Friday 20 March and will not re-open until further notice.

Members’ fees will be frozen until our leisure centres re-open, no matter if they have a direct debit, annual membership or pay cash monthly. Decisions on future payments will be taken in line with reviews on the latest leisure centre opening advice.

Those who pay annually will have the frozen period of time added on to the year-end date.

In addition, swimming lessons and ‘dryside’ courses will be postponed, and pupils will hold their current slot. Customers will have all their lessons carried over to the next ten-week course, once things return to normal.

Read more about how we are preparing to re-open leisure centres, once Government advice allows, in our news release here: 

If you have any questions or queries relating to this subject please email

We thank you for your continued support during this difficult period.

Active Essex - Information on keeping active at home


Planning and Building control

Planning applications, Planning Enforcement, Building Control and Local Land Charges search services continue to be provided.  Customers should experience little change in the service they receive.

Enquiries should be made by email or telephone. Our Planning Reception at our Weeley offices will close from Thursday, 19 March and meetings will be postponed or undertaken via telephone

Planning and building control officers will contact applicants or agents before attending sites in order to check whether it is appropriate to visit

Planning Committee will not take place in its usual format.  Alternative arrangements are being considered and an update will be posted once that is decided.

Access continues for personal search companies; updates and guidance has been provided.

Building Control - Coronavirus Update

We are still open for business but have had to introduce some changes to our service and the way we interact with customers to protect both you and our employees.

As the coronavirus outbreak develops across the UK, we will continue to provide you with a first-rate service, whilst also ensuring safety at all times.

LABC guidance

Based on guidance from the LABC there are some changes which will need to be put into place around site visits. These are designed to keep you, your staff and colleagues safe – whilst trying to minimise the impact coronavirus has on your business.

Change to our site inspection service

We recognise the need to balance service delivery with reduced personal contact, so where possible we will now be conducting virtual inspections. We will be asking you to provide suitable photographic evidence and any other relevant details and information. Once these have been submitted to our team we will then contact you to advise if we need any further details or if you are okay to continue with your project. Our aim is to minimise the number of site inspections but still protect the public. Site inspections will only be undertaken if they are external visits and not in the property.

Here are some examples, though the list is not exhaustive:

Commencement – where possible we will carry this out virtually unless it is combined with a foundation inspection
Foundations – on site visit
DPC – virtual inspection
Drainage – on site visit
Floor prep’ – on-site visit
Structural works – on site visit - ideally combined with another inspection
Insulation works – virtual inspection
Completions – if time critical (for conveyancing/mortgaging purposes) we will discuss this with you – on site visit – otherwise we will delay until the situation improves
General advice – unless necessary all advice should be provided remotely

Pre-visit safety

When booking a site inspection, we will ask you to confirm the following:

If anyone at the site (property owner or builder) to be visited has been ill and displaying the coronavirus symptoms: a new, continuous cough or a high temperature
If anyone at the site (property owner or builder) has travelled from either Italy, Spain or China within the last 2 weeks
Could the inspection be carried out in the absence of the builder / homeowner if necessary?
Will there be vulnerable people on the premises?

If anyone at the site is ill or has visited those countries, we will seek to delay our visit for a fortnight. If there are vulnerable people on the premises, a discussion will need to be had with the premises owner/manager to determine the best way to proceed in the circumstances. As with all inspections, a risk-based approach will need to be taken, in the interests of personal and public safety.

Should the current guidance change, we will let you know as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to discuss any specific points raised.

Public Rights of Way

Brightlingsea FP10 Notice

Brightlingsea FP10 Order

St Osyth FP11 Notice

St Osyth FP11 Order

Play areas

Our playgrounds (and outdoor gyms) are closed in line with Government guidance - to ensure social distancing, limit the spread of coronavirus, and protect the health and safety of our communities.

Our parks and open spaces are still open, but please stay well apart whilst enjoying the fresh air and exercise.

In line with the Prime Minister's announcement made on June 23, we will begin to re-open our play areas and outdoor gyms from Saturday, 4 July. Please be aware this will take some time as we work our way around the district, so observe closure signs until we open up specific sites.

When these facilities are open, please follow these rules:

  • Wipe down equipment before playing
  • No eating and drinking
  • Maintain social distancing at all times (two metres; one metre with mitigations such as face masks)
  • Wash your hands regularly
  • Take your rubbish home with you.

Play areas in London Road and Windsor Avenue, Clacton, will remain closed pending further maintenance.


Environmental Protection

At this time the Environmental Protection (EP) team will be risk assessing all complaints as they are received. Unfortunately due to COVID-19,  EP officers will not be able to enter any properties due to social isolation and the potential of coming into close contact with those who may be considered vulnerable.

We will not be able to assist in relation to drainage complaints as of this moment; any concerns should be directed to the relevant Water Authority – Affinity Water / Anglian Water.

We will however continue to monitor complaints as they are received and endeavour to respond where appropriate. Where possible we will attempt to deal with a complaint with via email/phone/letter.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Dog Wardens

Due to the health risks and concerns associated with the Coronavirus outbreak our contractor for the Dog Kennels has decided they will be self-isolating and will therefore be suspending their service/contract with immediate effect.

This means that from this moment forward the dog warden service is also suspended.

No dogs will be collected by our wardens and under no circumstances can we allow or advise members of the public to deliver a dog direct to Hiskeys (which is what we previously advised)

We are currently looking into various options and working on a plan of action but for now the service is completely suspended.

Walking on eggshells?

Whatever your age, sex or situation, living with others 24 hours a day 7 days a week can be stressful.  For many this will lead to increased irritation or in some cases arguments.  For some it can be much more serious. 

Quick Escape Link

0808 2000 247 is the national 24 hour domestic violence helpline

If your living situation is causing you anxiety or you feel threatened, intimidated or are made to feel worthless, there is help available.    

Everyone is entitled to a safe home life.

National 24 hr domestic violence helpline: 0808 2000 247

Essex COMPASS domestic abuse helpline: 0300 333 7 444

Below are links that can help you find support and help.

Clacton Crisis Café

  • Mental health support and advice                                                 

Essex Compass

  • Domestic abuse support services

Essex Police Domestic Abuse

  • Police advice and further links
  • Domestic Investigation Abuse Team (DAIT) Essex Police 0300 333 4444

Essex Sexual Assault Referral Centre

  • Support service available for victims of sexual assault.
  • 0330 223 0099

Health in Mind

  • Mental health support and advice


  • Support for male victims of domestic violence

Next Chapter (Domestic Abuse Support)

  • Information and advice


  • Support for children


  • Information and advice

Respect Men's Advice Line

  • Men's domestic abuse support

Stay Safe at Home                                                                     

  • Domestic abuse supportDon't suffer in silence

Victim Support (Essex)

  • Information and advice

Remember you are not alone, help is out there.

Other useful information

Stay Safe at HomeWatch out for Scams - Don't click links or attachments in suspicious emails

Watch out for scam messages - Don't click on links or attachments in suspicious emails and never respond to unsolicited messages and calls that ask for your personal or financial details.

Statement from Essex Police

Victim Support leaflet - Advice on scammers and fraudsters


Drivers and all other applicants are requested to submit documentation electronically ( or by post in order to minimise face to face interactions. If possible please telephone (01255 686565) or email any queries in the first instance instead of attending the council offices.

DBS Checks

Urgent DBS ID checking guidelines - Temporary changes to ID checking guidelines are being made as a result of the coronavirus outbreak

Free-of-charge DBS applications and fast-track Barred List check service - Guidance around free-of-charge applications and our new fast-track Barred List check service, in response to COVID-19.

How DBS is supporting the fight against coronavirus - A collection of factsheets, updated guidelines and news stories related to DBS and coronavirus.

Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Election

The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner election due to be held on 7 May 2020 has been postponed until May 2021.

Other organisations' updates

Government Coronavirus information service on WhatsApp

Post Office - Pay Out Now scheme for those who are isolating and have a post office account without a debit card

Turn 2 us - You can apply for a one of crisis grant of £500 if you have experienced a drop in income as a result of the pandemic

Hospital hopper service 

Citizens Advice Bureau - CAB have changed their opening hours -  Tips on how to look after your mental health 

Livewell - Information about all that is on offer in Essex to improve health and wellbeing.

Teen Talk Harwich - Support  for young people aged 11 – 25 years via telephone and online activities.

Princes Trust - Advice, guidance and resources for young people 16 - 30 years.

Essex family wellbeing -  Resources to equip families to cope in these challenging times

Money Saving Expert - For help and advice with money management/financial hardship

Credit union - Savings and Loans Co-operative open to anyone over the age of 18 years who lives, works or studies in the Borough of Colchester or District of Tendring. 

Affinity Water - Affinity Water have measures in place to assist customers facing financial difficulties at this time

RSPCA - Information on how to care for your pets when carrying out 'social distancing' or staying at home due to Coronavirus

Coronavirus Privacy Notice

How the Council will deal with your data during the current Coronavirus crisis

This privacy notice explains how Tendring District Council (as a Data Controller) will collect, use and protect personal data specifically with regard to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic. You can view the Council’s main privacy notice at

The Council already processes data regarding residents, employees and stakeholders and normally the Council would seek to inform you that the data provided may need to be used for a different purpose.  However, due to the rapidly emerging situation regarding the current pandemic this will not always be possible.  If we already hold information regarding vulnerability, as defined in the current guidance from the Government and Public Health England, we may share this for emergency planning purposes or to protect your vital interests by sharing with relevant services both inside and outside the Council.  In addition, we may need to ask you for additional personal information, including sensitive personal information, for example your age or if you have any underlying illnesses or any other information that may identify you as being vulnerable.  This is to enable the Council to assist you and to prioritise its services.

The Council is publishing links to official sources on its web-site

Legal basis for processing your personal data

The legal basis for the additional processing by the council as a public authority is:

  1. where disclosure is in the vital interests of yourself or another person (Article 6(1)(d) and 9(2)(c) GDPR)
  2. Where it is necessary for the reasons of substantial public interest Article 9(2)(g)
  3. Where it is in the interest of public health Article 9(2)(i)

Sharing your personal data

In this current pandemic we may share your information with other public authorities, emergency services, and other stakeholders where it is necessary and proportionate to do so.

How long we keep your personal data

We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we are processing it or where there is a legitimate reason for keeping it, for example, a legal requirement to keep the data for a set time period.

When we no longer need to continue to process your personal data, it will be securely destroyed.

Last updated on: 25/06/2020 - 10:18