A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Parish of Alresford Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 9 September 2021. Notices relevant to the Referendum are available here:
Alresford Neighbourhood Plan - Notice of Referendum
Alresford Neighbourhood Plan - Notice of Poll
The question asked in the Referendum was:
“Do you want Tendring District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish of Alresford to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Declaration of the Result of the Referendum is available as follows:
The number of votes cast was as follows:
(votes recorded divided by ballot papers issued)
|(1) Number cast in favour of YES||483||96.4%|
|(2) Number cast in favour of NO||18||3.6%|
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:
|Number of Ballot Papers|
|Want of official mark||0|
|Voting for more than one answer||0|
|Writing or mark by which the voter/proxy could be identified||0|
|Unmarked or void for uncertainty||1|
Ballot Papers Issued
(Total of (1) + (2) + (3))
(Ballot papers issued divided by electorate)
The Referendum area was identified on the map which is included with this information statement.
The Referendum area was identical to the area which has been designated as the Parish of Alresford Neighbourhood area.
A person was entitled to vote in the Referendum if on Thursday, 9 September 202:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that applied in relation to the Referendum was £2,479.47. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated was 1991.
The Referendum was conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, may be inspected online using the links provided in the list of specified documents.
Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view at:
The Town Hall, Station Road, Clacton on Sea CO15 1SE (between 10am and 4pm Monday-Friday – excluding Bank Holiday).
The specified documents are:
- Parish of Alresford Neighbourhood Development Plan;
- report of the independent examiner;
- summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- statement by the local planning authority that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation;
this information statement; and
- a statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum.
The Town Hall,
Clacton on Sea