This page will let you know about Council consultations that are taking place in Tendring, how to get involved, find out what the responses were and what we've done about it. You'll find the key issues we're looking at in the district and take part if you wish.

Current consultations:

Consultation on New Measures to Tackle Irresponsible Dog owners in Tendring

A consultation is being held on a planned new measure to tackle irresponsible dog owners in Tendring.

An area-wide Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) is being proposed by Tendring District Council (TDC), targeting dog fouling and nuisance dogs off leads.

If it goes ahead, the PSPO would allow authorised council officers to request a dog is put on a lead; and issue fines to owners who do not comply.

It also allows officers to issue increased on the spot fines – of £100 – to those who do not pick up their pet’s mess.

The PSPO would cover all public land – including TDC and town and parish council land – in the Tendring district.

The 12-week consultation is now live, and people can take part, consultation documents and form below.  Paper copies of the consultation form are also available in Clacton Town Hall for people to complete.

Draft Order


Consultation Form

Sport and recreation

We know how important sport and recreation is for the District and its residents. If you have views on whether there are enough sports and recreation facilities across Tendring – are there too many, or is there something lacking, please contact Mike Carran on 01255 686688 or

Car parks

Parking services want to hear about your experiences of the Council's car parks, please fill out our online customer satisfaction survey.

Forthcoming decisions

View forthcoming decisions to be made

Council tenants

If you are a Council tenant there are lots of opportunities for you to get involved.  Visit the tenant involvement page for more information.

Contact your councillor

1. Do you have a local issue which you feel strongly about?

2. Do you need more things to do in your area?

3. Are you worried about crime or the environment where you live?

4. Do you feel that your voice isn’t being heard?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, why not get in contact with the councillor that represents your part of the District? Find your Councillor.

Councillors are elected by the people of Tendring to represent your views and to do something about the issues in our local communities that affect us all.

If you feel strongly about an issue, don’t just sit there and wait for somebody else to do something about it, get together with your friends and contact your councillor to get things changed for the better. 

Useful links

Essex County Council consultations

Colchester Borough Council consultations

Last updated on: 25/09/2023 - 12:23