Organisations from across Tendring organise an annual Older Persons Crucial Crew event. The aim is to highlight potential dangers faced in everyday life and share vital safety messages which could help save lives. The organisations involved include:
- Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
- Trading Standards
- Community Voluntary Services Tendring
- Essex Carers Support, and
- Tendring District Council
Topics covered include:
- emergency planning for floods
- cold weather
- hot weather
- fire safety
- personal safety
- rogue traders, and
- what to do with callers at the door
Students from Tendring Enterprise Studio School support the events by showing delegates how IPads could be useful.
The students also prepare and serve a free buffet lunch, which was sponsored by the East of England Cooperative. They chatted with the attendees as well as creating a short video of the event.