What is Hate crime?
Hate Crime is any criminal offence committed against a person or property that is motivated by the offender's hatred of someone because of their:
- Race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national Origins
- Gender or gender identity
- Sexual orientation
Hate crime can take many forms:
- Physical attack, damage to property, offensive graffiti, arson
- Threat of attack, offensive letters or e-mails, abusive phone calls, offensive leaflets & posters, malicious complaints
- Verbal abuse, insults, intimidation, abusive gestures, bullying at school or in the workplace
Reporting Hate Crime
If you are a victim of hate crime, or know of someone who is, please report it!
Essex police: Essex Police hate crime advice
HIRC (Hate Crime Incident Reporting Centre) - Tendring Mental Health Support
Summit House, 14-16 Orwell Road, Clacton on Sea, CO15 1PP
Tel: 01255 429778
Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
HIRC lead: Gaynor Jarrett Gaynor.email@example.com
Specialist provision: Learning Disabilities and Mental Health.
Help and Advice
Clacton - Divisional HQ
Non-emergency - 101 Emergency - 999
Tel: 0845 3030 900
A national charity with trained volunteers to contact people following a crime to offer a free confidential support and information.
Tacmep - Tendring & Colchester Minority Ethnic Partnership
Tel: 01206 769789 and 01206 500471
Address: TACMEP, Winsleys House, High Street, Colchester, Essex. CO1 1UG
Seeking to promote and develop a better understanding of the minority ethnic communities in Tendring. They act as a conduit for local statutory bodies in consulting and engaging minority ethnic communities in the delivery of services.