What is the Community Asset Transfer Scheme?
It is an initiative where the Council can sell or rent land to community organisations at low or nominal prices in return for community benefits.
Do we qualify?
If you can demonstrate that your organisation has proposals to contribute to the economic, social and environmental well-being of the district and its residents, and those proposals can only be realised if land is provided at a discount then you may qualify for the scheme.
What kind of things would contribute to the wellbeing of the district?
Your organisation would need to demonstrate that the proposals contribute substantially to:
- the Council's priorities: Read more about the Council's priorities
Here are just a few examples:
- Constructing new sports, leisure or cultural activities,
- Developing or transforming facilities that:
- Help keep the community safe
- Give children and young people a good start in life
- Help the disadvantaged
How do we apply?
You will need to make a detailed proposal showing:
- What the proposals include.
- What community benefits will be achieved.
- How the sustainability and ongoing delivery of those benefits are secured.
Further information on the requirements is included in the Council’s policy on Community Asset Transfer (see link below).
The Council has adopted a Policy on Community Asset Transfer (pdf)
Any queries about this initiative should be directed to:
Tendring District Council
Town Hall, Station Road, Clacton on Sea
Essex, CO15 1SE