During the COVID-19 emergency the Council will be using the Tendring4Growth e-bulletins to keep local businesses up to date with the latest information. You can register here to receive these e-bulletins.
Read the latest PM press conference statement on the 9th September to see if the new rules affect your business.
Guidance can be found on the links below. You can also search for Government guidance and regulations specific to your business on the GOV.UK Guidance Page.
Gathering Contact Details for NHS Test and Trace
- Contact Tracing – Protecting Customer and Visitor Details
- Venues required by law to record contact details
- Business urged to prepare for NHS COVID-19 app
Safely Opening Your Business
Public Places and Green Spaces
The information listed below is not exhaustive. For a full list of financial support, please check the Government’s financial support for businesses page, or you can use the Government’s business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business.
Employers / Self-Employed
- View the Government's announcement on a new package to support and enforce self-isolation
- Access the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Access the Government’s Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme
- Business Rate Relief extended until 2021.
- Apply for a Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan
- Apply for the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Kickstart Scheme opens for employer applications
- Access the Government’s Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).
- Universal Credit for Self-employed
Small Business Grant Fund, Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund and Discretionary Business Grant Fund
- In line with the deadlines set by Central Government, we can no longer accept applications for these funds. If you have already applied and have any queries about your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charities, Creative & Cultural and Heritage
- COVID-19 guidance for the charity sector, including financial support.
- Resources and Opportunities for artists, provided by Space Studios.
- Extra funding for service charities as veterans’ support is stepped up
Other Financial Support
- The University of Essex has launched Angels@Essex to support entrepreneurs with innovative and market-disrupting business ideas by giving them access to a network of investors.
- Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme (GBVS) - a grant contribution to pay towards upgrading business broadband to a high-speed capable connection.
- Information on Government’s announcements to reduce VAT can be found by clicking here
- Government announces £10 million for small businesses to kickstart tourism. Register your interest by contacting your local growth hub.
- Government extends support to stop business evictions this year
You can contact the Government’s Business Support Helpline (England) for free advice. Telephone: 0300 456 3565, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
- A list of support for businesses from outside the government
- Receive direct support from the BEST Growth Hub Team.
- Support for SMEs from Back to Business Essex
- Support for employers from Jobcentre Plus
- Recovery advice for businesses from Enterprise Nation
- KEEP+ partnered with Anglia Ruskin University, KEEP+ will provide your SME with a flexible programme that will help you innovate.
- Webinar promoting the support and grants available through Haven Gateway's I-Construct project, taking place on Thursday 24th September
- High quality digital and numeracy courses from the DfE Skills Toolkit.
- HMRC are providing informative webinars on Extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and flexible furloughing and Coronavirus COVID-19 Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme
- Advance Into Business, from Colbea. A fully funded innovative 6-workshop programme aimed at over 40’s