During the COVID-19 emergency the Council will be using the Tendring4Growth e-bulletins to keep local businesses up to date with the latest information. You can register here to receive these e-bulletins.
The information listed below is not exhaustive. For a full list of financial support, please check the Government’s financial support for businesses page, or you can use the Government’s business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business.
Small Business Grant Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
- If you’d like to apply either of these grants, please use this online form.
- Government guidance on both schemes can be found here.
- If you have any queries about your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund
- To find out more information on the scheme, please check the Council’s dedicated Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund page. The fund is currently closed for new applications.
- Access the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, and claim up to £2,500 (before tax) per worker, per month towards staff wages.
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme will repay employers the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) paid to current or former employees.
- Business Rate Relief extended until 2021.
- Apply for a Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan
- Apply for the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Government provides further halt to business evictions and more support for high street firms
- Claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS).
- Universal Credit for Self-employed
Charities, Creative & Cultural and Heritage
- COVID-19 guidance for the charity sector, including financial support.
- Apply for the Heritage Emergency Fund grant, provided by The National Lottery Heritage Fund, which is open for applications until 31st July.
- Resources and Opportunities for artists, provided by Space Studios.
- Extra funding for service charities as veterans’ support is stepped up
Other Financial Support
- Creative Industries Federation are offering a Free Federation Membership for four months. Please note, Tendring District Council does not specifically endorse Creative Industries Federation.
- The University of Essex has launched Angels@Essex to support entrepreneurs with innovative and market-disrupting business ideas by giving them access to a network of investors.
- Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme (GBVS) - a grant contribution to pay towards upgrading business broadband to a high-speed capable connection.
- Start-ups and innovative firms can now apply for investment from the Government’s Future Fund
- Information on Government’s announcements to reduce VAT can be found by clicking here
- Register your establishment for the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme and use these promotional materials to advertise to customers.
Advice for businesses reopening in July
- Public Houses and Restaurants
- Hotels and Guest Accommodation
- Sport and Gym/Leisure Facilities
- Close Contact Services
Guidance, Support and Advice
Search for Government guidance and regulations specific to your business on the GOV.UK Guidance Page.
- You can contact the government’s Business Support Helpline (England) for free advice. Telephone: 0300 456 3565, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
- FAQ from The Government including work/business related questions.
- British Retail Consortium has a range of guidance available, with the aim of ‘helping your business cope in unprecedented times’.
- Offer coronavirus (COVID-19) support from your business.
- Retail Trust's advice for managing you and your teams' wellbeing.
- Support for employers from Jobcentre Plus.
- Receive direct support from the BEST Growth Hub Team.
- If your business is an SME, the Back To Business programme will provide you with 12 hours of fully funded advice and guidance on key areas of focus for business owners. Click the link to register, or email email@example.com to be contacted within 48 hours, or call 0800 970 8981 to speak to a member of the team directly.
- Draft planning guidance to support the Business and Planning Bill
- A list of support for businesses from outside the government
- Access free support from experts and help your business recover from the impact of Coronavirus.
Webinars and Courses
- High quality digital and numeracy courses from the DfE Skills Toolkit.
- New Webinars to boost support for SMEs during coronavirus.
- Free half day online Mental Health First Aid England training for workplaces in North East Essex. Participants will receive a manual, workbook and local contact information. Click the link for more information and to book your place, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HMRC are providing informative webinars on Extension to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and flexible furloughing and Coronavirus COVID-19 Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme. Click the links for more information and to register.
- Colchester Institute are running free webinars this month (July): The ABC of Dealing with Conflict - 16th, How to give Feedback – 21st, The Secret of Persuasion – 28th. Email email@example.com for more information and to book your place.
- Enterprise Europe Network on Investment Readiness, by University Of Essex, 23rd July. Click the link for more information.
DWP Job Centre Sites and Universal Credit
- All face to face interviews for Universal Credit, Legacy and New Style Benefits have been temporarily suspended. If anyone is considering making a claim, they can do this via an online process. People making new claims for Universal Credit will no longer need to call the Department.