Want to do business by the beach?
The Sunspot is a landmark, purpose-built business centre on the seafront at Jaywick Sands, offering 24 affordable units, suitable for retail, office, studio and workshop tenants, as well as a range of other facilities. It is ideal for entrepreneurs taking their first steps, start-ups looking to grow or established businesses looking to expand and reach a new market in a fantastic location.
Units will be available from Summer 2023, range from 180 to 1,000 sq ft and will be let on easy-in easy-out licences at affordable, all-in rates. The building includes shopfront units ideal for retail or food and drink businesses targeting local resident and tourist customers; office units; larger units suitable for light manufacturing, fitness/wellness or workshops; and covered and open air market and event space.
Want to rent a space? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01255 686666.
The units are aimed at start-up and growing businesses so licences will offer easy terms and flexible payment options. You will also be able to access a business support offer from Colbea to help you at every step of your business development.
The building also offers:
- 24/7 access for all tenants
- On-site secure car parking, electric car charging
- Cycle parking and shower facilities
- High-speed fibre wifi throughout
- Hard-wired data connections with options to install further networking/telecoms
- Shared toilets and tea point for smaller units
- Larger units have their own toilet
- Lift and wheelchair accessible toilets and shower
- Managed workspace with dedicated building manager
- All units can be customised by tenants to suit requirements, including extract ventilation if desired
- Training/meeting room free for tenant use
- 24-hour monitored CCTV
- Community garden
- High quality finishes and common parts
- Light and airy units with high ceilings
What units are available?
- Shopfront units - 230-350 sq ft - seafront facing ground floor units suitable for small retail, service businesses, office or food/drink, pop-ups
- First floor units - 180-460 sq ft - suitable for office based businesses, artist/maker studio space, light fabrication (e.g. textile/clothing, craft), digital businesses, etc.
- Larger units - 480-970 sq ft - suitable for light manufacturing/fabrication e.g. furniture, metalwork, bike repair, larger retail/food and drink, fitness/wellness. Two double-height units that could accommodate a mezzanine. Direct loading from the parking area.
- Market and events - if you are interested in running seasonal events, markets or other activities, please get in touch
Ask for a full information pack and arrange a site visit by emailing us at email@example.com or phone 01255 686666.
Funding for development of the Sunspot has come from a £2.39million share of the Government’s Getting Building Fund, administered by the South East Local Enterprise Partnership, along with £2.04million from Essex County Council and £816,000 committed from Tendring District Council. In addition, part of Tendring District Council’s £1.18million allocation from UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund is supporting the operating costs of the facility.