Please note: The Jaywick Sands Neighbourhood Team Office is currently closed. This is as a result of the COVID-19 emergency and in line with government guidelines. However, the Team continue to deliver a service, albeit in a different way. Should you have a query please contact a member of the team via the following numbers:
- Teresa Watson, Jaywick Neighbourhood Team Manager: 07824 607042
- Neighbourhood Wardens are contactable at either 07917 597976 or 07768 423505
Neighbourhood Management operates at front line delivery level making it highly flexible and responsive to local needs and providing added value and cost effectiveness in local services.
Operating in England's most deprived area, the Jaywick Sands Neighbourhood Team works to identify and facilitate the needs of the area. The team consists of a Neighbourhood Manager and two Community Wardens. All members of the team are Police Accredited through the Essex Police Community Safety Accreditation Scheme, and have a wide range of skills used to tackle many different issues.
Teresa Watson: Jaywick Sands Neighbourhood Team Manager
Teresa is responsible for the overall management of the team’s activities, supporting them to deliver a high level of customer service to members of the Jaywick Sands community.
As part of her role, Teresa engages with partner organisations working in the area and, with a view to promoting the benefits of collective working, facilitates the Jaywick Sands Networking Group Meetings. Held four times a year, this is an opportunity for partners to meet to discuss and collectively support projects taking place in Jaywick Sands.
Community Development starts from the premise that within any community there is a wealth of knowledge and experience which, if used in creative ways, results in high levels of participation and can be channelled into collective action to achieve the communities desired goals.
Jaywick Sands is renowned for its strong sense of community which is clearly demonstrated by the number of proactive groups in the area and Teresa supports local initiatives such as:
- Jaywick Sands Community Forum
- Jaywick Sands & Tudor Residents Association
- Friends of Jaywick Martello Tower
- Jaywick Sands Summer Fayre Committee
- Dig 4 Jaywick Community Garden project
- Jaywick Sands Beach Clean
Volunteers are key to the success of community led projects. If you would like to get involved in your community please contact Teresa on 07824 607042.
The Neighbourhood Wardens are responsible for reporting and helping to resolve any issues/complaints in the area. They have close relationships with local statutory agencies such as Social Services, Essex Police, The Environment Agency and Essex Fire Services. Over the course of time the Neighbourhood Wardens have gained an excellent knowledge of the locality and have developed a good rapport with many local residents.
Main duties include:
- Regularly patrolling the area alone or with other relevant agencies.
- Issuing fixed penalty notices for Dog Fouling and Littering.
- Visiting vulnerable residents offering assistance when required.
- Identifying and reporting environmental issues including fly-tipping and noise complaints.
- Monitoring void and derelict property.
- Receiving and solving complaints from the public.
- Provide advice on a wide range of issues and signpost when necessary.
- Assisting local events.
- First response in vital situations such as when first aid is required or emergency service need to be alerted.
- Provide assistance to other services/agencies with operations in the area.
- Dealing with low level anti-social behaviour
Deborah Jessup: Dig4 Jaywick Community Garden, Project Assistant
Deborah works alongside the Dig4 Jaywick Community Garden Group, supporting them in the ongoing development of this garden related multi-use space.
Neighbourhood Manager - Teresa Watson
Mobile Phone Number - 07824 607042
Email Address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighbourhood Wardens are contactable either at 07917 597976 or 07768 423505, alternatively please email email@example.com
Dig4 Jaywick Project Assistant - Deborah Jessup
Mobile Phone Number - 07917 597974
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org