If you wish to apply for a licence you can apply using the form below and sending it to the address at the bottom of this page.
Subject to the local authority agreeing to grant a licence, each premises will receive a star-rating from 1 star to 5 stars depending on how well the business complies with the licence conditions set out in The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals (England) Regulations 2018. The licence will be issued for either 1, 2 or 3 years, depending on the star-rating achieved.
Other matters to be considered are:
- whether you will require planning permission for change of use or for building the necessary accommodation
- the disposal of waste and litter
- the potential for nuisance to neighbours – for example from barking dogs
- the health, safety and welfare requirements in relation to anyone you may employ in connection with the business (e.g. ‘kennel assistants’)
- if you are a quarantine kennels you should have regard to DEFRA voluntary code of practice (see information on rabies).
This application is subject to tacit approval under the European Union Services Directive. Applications are usually dealt with within 35 days of receipt of a full application. In exceptional circumstances the deadline may be required to be extended, you will be notified of the new deadline and the reason for extending it.
88-90 Pier AvenueClacton-on-SeaEssexCO15 1TN
Telephone: 01255 686767