Tendring District Council (TDC) has allocated £20,000 in support of a new match funded business grants scheme aimed at independent businesses in Dovercourt Bay and Harwich.
The money will be available to all independent businesses in Dovercourt Bay and Harwich, including shops, restaurants and cafes, which are located within the red line boundary shown on the town centre maps, which can be viewed under ‘Useful Documents’.
Under the scheme, businesses can apply for funding of between £100 and £2,000, matched by the business itself on a 50:50 basis. Payment by the Council will be made in arrears on the satisfactory completion of all agreed works.
The scheme can support:
- Internal and External Fittings
- Shop Windows
- Doors and Entrances (including adaptation for disabled access)
- Fascias and Signage
- Interior and Exterior Painting and Decorating
- Floor Repairs and Coverings
- Shop Counters
- Gondolas and Blinds
- Displays (both interior and window)
The list above is not exhaustive but indicates the type of projects the scheme could support.
The scheme cannot support:
- Core management and administration costs incurred during day to day running of the business (i.e. rent, rates, staff costs, service charges)
- Applications from national retailers, chains, banks or charities
- Applications where other public funding has been secured in the last 3 years in support for the refurbishment of business premises.
The application form (which can be viewed and downloaded from ‘Useful Documents’, or requested from email@example.com) must be completed in full.
- No works can be undertaken before the application has been approved by the Council and a Letter of Confirmation has been sent to and received by the applicant.
- All grant payments will be made in arrears on the satisfactory completion of all agreed works and on production of appropriate receipts and invoices and, where appropriate, photographs.
- Full ‘Terms and Conditions’ can be found at the back of the Application Form.
For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01255 686139