Omicron Hospitality & Leisure Grant scheme
This scheme provided support to the hospitality sector (who provide accommodation, food & beverage services), leisure businesses (who provide opportunities, experiences and facilities in particular for culture, recreation, and entertainment) and accommodation businesses (whose main provision is used for holiday, travel or other purposes).
Business Adaptation and Discretionary Business Grants
All previous business support grant schemes have now closed.
In respect of the latest mandatory grant scheme, this was aimed at supporting businesses that were experiencing difficulties because of the rise in COVID cases at the end of last year. This scheme provided support to the hospitality sector (who provide accommodation, food & beverage services), leisure businesses (who provide opportunities, experiences and facilities in particular for culture, recreation, and entertainment) and accommodation businesses (whose main provision is used for holiday, travel or other purposes).
As set out within associated Government guidance, there is a number of extra steps in validating applications under the above grant scheme before the payments can be made to businesses. The grants are therefore continuing to be paid in phases over the next few weeks.
In respect of the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme also announced by the Government late last year, the Council received only £195k, which was significantly lower than previous rounds of this discretionary grant. This money has been used to support those who applied but missed out on earlier phases of the grant schemes. Unfortunately, there is therefore no available funding to support additional phases of this scheme.
However, there are a range of other business support options that local businesses may find helpful, which include the following:
- Colbea is a business support agency based in Colchester, which can advise on all aspects of funding, training, and planning for your business. Tendring District Council fully funds Colbea’s tailored support for businesses in different sectors and sizes, and so local businesses can access this service free of charge.
- The BEST Growth Hub is a free- to-access business support agency offering advice via Business Navigators across Essex. They also run tailored workshops and training sessions, and can give advice on sources of funding for local businesses.
- British Business Bank is a one-stop-shop for sources of funding, whether you’re looking to Start Up, Scale Up, or Stay Ahead.
- The Recovery Loan Scheme is available to business that have been affected by the pandemic. Eligible businesses can borrow up to £150k to help the business recover. The scheme ends 30 June 2022.
- The TDC Economic Growth Team is also available for advice and support, so please do get in touch at email@example.com and a member of the Team will be happy to advise you on a range of business support matters.”