If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness it is important that you seek advice as soon as possible. We may be able to give you advice and assistance to prevent you from losing your home.
Book an Appointment
If you are threatened with homelessness and would like advice on your current housing situation you can book an appointment with a housing options officer.
Please click here to complete our housing options form. Once we receive this we will contact you to offer you an appointment with a Housing Options Officer.
Homeless tonight, or need immediate advice?
Telephone Housing Options on -
Visit Housing Options at the Town Hall, Station Road, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 1SE
Office Hours are 9.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
The advice we can give you will depend on your individual circumstances. Our assistance could include:
- Negotiating with your landlord for you to remain in your rented property.
- Referring you to mediation if you are being asked to leave home by your parents.
- Asking an environmental health officer to inspect your home if it is in poor condition.
- Referring you to money advice if you cannot afford to remain in your home.
If we are unable to prevent you from losing your home we can also give you advice on other housing options such as:
- Giving you advice on finding private rented accommodation;
- Applying for social housing on our housing register;
- Applying for an exchange if you are a council or housing association tenant;
- Giving you advice on low cost home ownership schemes;
- If your homelessness cannot be prevented we will assess if we owe you any duty with accommodation.
Although we will offer advice to anyone who is homeless we do not have a duty to provide everyone with accommodation. We will only owe a duty with accommodation to those who are eligible, unintentionally homeless and have a priority need.
If you wish to report someone sleeping rough please report this via streetlink www.streetlink.org.uk