You are responsible for reporting any repairs that are necessary, either to your home or in any shared area we are responsible for.
You can report a repair to us in the following ways:
- by e-mailing HousingRepairs@tendringdc.gov.uk;
- by letter or by returning one of our prepaid repairs cards;
- by telephoning the Housing Maintenance Section on 01255 686477 or our out-of-hours telephone number 01255 222022 for emergencies outside of normal office hours;
- by faxing 01255 686406; and
- by calling in person into Housing Reception at the Town Hall or any of our area offices.
Please note that on-line requests, faxes and emails sent to our address will only be dealt with during working hours.
However you notify us, please tell us your name and address; full details about the repair; and when someone will be at home to let the contractor or our Maintenance Surveyor in. If you prefer, when you report a repair, you can tell us whether you would like the contractor to arrange an appointment with you. If you do, we will inform our contractor, who will contact you to arrange a specific time.
Please note: We may charge you if you were out when our contractor called after you had said you would be at home.