If you have trouble reading text online you can use our ReadSpeaker tool to have the text read out loud to you. It is really simple to use and you don’t have to download anything.
Listen to the main content
To listen to the main content you simply click the listen button to listen to the web page's content.
An audio player appears (see image below) and ReadSpeaker starts reading the text of the web page out loud.
In the player you can:
- Adjust the volume
- Pause/ restart the reading
- Stop the reading
- Restart the reading
- Choose the settings icon if you want to customize the settings
- Click the download icon to download the audio file
- Close the player
Listen to selected text
You can also select a part of the text that you want to listen to. Once selected a pop-up listen button will appear next to the mouse pointer. When you click the pop-up listen button, an audio player will appear and ReadSpeaker will start reading the text you have selected. You will have access to the same controls as described above.
In the settings menu you can:
- Choose whether you want to have the text highlighted while read
- Choose whether you want the text highlighted on a word and sentence basis, sentence only, or word only
- Choose style and colours for the highlighting
- Choose whether you want the reading speed to be slow, medium, or fast
- Choose whether you want the page to scroll automatically to follow the highlighted text
- Choose whether you want the pop-up Listen button to be shown when text is selected
For more information please visit ReadSpeaker's text to speech website.