Formed in 2010, The Jaywick Beach Clean Group consists of a band of volunteers who value their environment and who have an interest in keeping their community clean.
Meeting six times a year and supported by the Jaywick Neighbourhood Team, the group carry out cleans on the beautiful Jaywick Beach.
Each clean is carried out in two sessions. During the first hour the volunteers pick up and record items collected from a 100 metre length of the beach. This information is then sent to the Marine Conservation Society to be included in their national data collection system, helping them to influence positive environmental change along our coasts. Following a break for refreshments and a chat, the group continue to carry out a general clean of the beach.
Volunteers are always welcome and if you would like to be part of this enviromently friendly group, please contact Beach Clean Co-ordinator Jacqui Barter on 01255 428090, for more information.
Dates for 2016 cleans are:
- 26th March – meeting on the beach, opposite Badminton Way
- 15th May – meeting on the beach opposite Badminton Way
- 19th June – Meeting in Tamarisk Way Car Park
- 10th July – Meeting on the beach opposite Badminton Way
- 25th September – Meeting in Tamarisk Way Car Park
- 23rd October – Meeting on the beach opposite Badminton Way
All cleans take place on Sundays, commencing at 10:30am.