The Tendring SME Growth Fund is a £750,000 programme to support Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the Tendring District and is supported by a grant from Essex County Council.
The scheme will provide grants for new and existing businesses located in or relocating within the Tendring District and working in the following sectors:
- Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical)
- Low Carbon
- Research and Development activities and supply chain businesses that support these key sectors
The grant can be used for "revenue costs" such as salaries or for "capital costs" such as plant, machinery or other equipment and/or the acquisition and refurbishment of premises.
Businesses can apply for between £3,000 and £150,000. However, they must also invest their own funds - 75% if it is an existing business or 50% if it is a new start-up.
The applications will be evaluated in a four stage process:
- Registration - To initiate the process you are required to register your interest with the Programme Team via the dedicated email email@example.com. A Project Officer will then send you an Expression of Interest Form for completion.
- Expression of Interest (EOI) - These will be assessed by a dedicated Project Officer against the scheme's approved criteria and a response issued within 10 working days
- Full Application - Provided your EOI is eligible, you will be invited to submit a Full Application and to provide relevant supporting information. This should be submitted within one month of notification of success at EOI stage and will be assessed by a dedicated Project Officer within 15 working days.
- Grants Panel - Following the appraisal your application will be sent to a grants panel for final determination.
Examples of the Expression of Interest form and the full application form can be found at the side of this page.
You should allow 3-4 months for the whole application process to be completed.
If you would like to discuss the Tendring SME Growth Fund in more detail, or to register your interest in making an application, you can contact a member of the Programme Team via the Scheme's dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.